UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jottings

suzeanna

Attitude is a very powerful tool.

My sister -in-law was diagnosed with Hodgkins disease and given 6 months to live. She agreed to be a guinea pig for new treatment - chemotherapy.

She lived for 6 years. Her attitude was I am not going anywhere. Unfortunately, the cancer moved into the kidney and tokk over very quickly.

My mother was in hospital and we were told 2 weeks. She wanted to go home and the doctor said that she could do although it would only be fro a few days then she would need to come back in. But it would make her happy.

She survived at home bedridden and on morphine patches for 6 months. The doctor was very surprised to see her back in hospital where she died two weeks later . He thought she had died at home.

She thought the world of that doctor but he was on holiday for these two weeks. She died 2 minutes after he had visited her in her side room. and patted her hand before he left There had been no indication of it being imminent and the nurse had to get him back off the ward to certify the death. We are convinced she hung on until she saw him.

She was always very stubborn and did things her way!

We used to surmise that my dad , who had been dead for a few years, was up there saying "don't bring her up here yet. I am not ready." He had always given in to her for all their 42 year of marriage and was now enjoying his freedom.

Not PC but it did relieve the tension.

My next door neighbour survived for 18 months despite being given 6 moths expectation. His wife said it was because he was so stubborn.

• Like 2

Dunno Jazz, we do not cook meat in the owlery. The only carnivore has it raw.

Today has been pants. I got a report of a deceased animal on a busy main road and went ti check. Every time that has happened before it has been deer or fox. This time it was not only a dog, but one I was helping to look for. I am relieved that I was on scene before owners and had a bin bag with me so I could wrap her up decently with only undamaged face out.

Some numpty reported me to police for dangerous parking and messing about on the road obstructing traffic. I was parked well off road but had to cross to attend to dog. This was useful of the numpty as a couple of really nice PCSOs turned up expecting to find some drunken idiot. Instead they found me with the family who had just arrived, and they immediately helped by directing traffic and assisting the family to wrap dog in blanket and bring to car.

• Like 1

Oh gosh owl....every animal Is special and unique but an "owned" one that bit more important, bless you for stopping to help. My dad works for the council and sadly part of his out of season work can involve picking up deceased animals..I will never forget him telling me about how his workmate said to pop a deceased cat into a bag as my dad was looking for an I'd tag....there wasn't a lot left and it made him sick but he said he wanted the family to have closure....my cat Friday went missing 34 years back... I think of him still daily

• Like 1

A short post but an important one - to me anyway. I am sure some of you may have assumed this anyway, although it's always something I have denied. I am really sorry for that because I don't like lies and it's important to be who you are. The 4th of July this year was also my independence day as I came out. I am not fully out. After hiding it until now at the age 58 it's not easy just to start shouting about it to everyone. However I know you lot and I am sure it won't make a jot of difference to you. By the way Ruby and I are NOT a couple. She is straight. We have simply been friends for 35 years plus and bought a house together because it was the only way we could both afford property here in the National Park.

• Like 3

Congrats Yantan...life is too short to pretend to be something you aren't...you are who you are!! My brother is Gay....came as a shock to my dad but i was soooooo releived when he finally told my mum and dad as i had had to keep that secret for 10 years

• Like 1