UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jottings

suzeanna

Good on you Yantan! When my dad died when I was nearly 7 my mum and her friend moved in together, and we moved to Sussex. I didn't understand the side long glances and whispers from adults or why none of the other kids wanted to be friends. Dawned on me eventually! Glad society has mostly moved on from that.

• Like 3

Thing is, this is a private hospital where they do the overflow's from the NHS. Presumably the surgeon was dealing with patients at the Hallamshire during the day then rushed over to the Thornbury this evening. Just hope he's not so knackered he screws up the op.

I tis good that you consider you can come out to us, Yantan. We are all your friends and value you for what you are.

My son attended a peadiatric consultant for several years. He was always late for appointments, and I mean LATE.

We used to guess on the way in how late he would be running. The notice board would then get update regularly, increasing the delay.

He worked in another hospital in the morning and came to our hospital afterwards.

JIm is expecting to come home tomorrow. Things have been more straightforward this time. The tablets he took to suppress the adrenal gland made him dizzy, light headed and very weak. He has none of these symptoms now so maybe he can recover fully from his first operation now.

he hasn't been able to drive because of these side effects since March and is really missing it. He loves driving. i just drive for convenience to get from here to there.

• Like 1

Congratulations Marion :flowers:

Glad Jim is due to come home and fingers crossed he can get back to driving soon :)

Hope Phil's op went ok. Not much consolation, but cataract surgeons can do the op in their sleep. One of our surgeons likes to have a few patients lined up and ready to go before he arrives. He hates hanging around waiting for patients to be admitted, dilate etc. His first one is booked in for 8, but he never arrives before 9.30. He had a list of 28 ish and he's usually out by 4.30pm (with 45 mins for lunch).

• Like 1

I hope all who are having treatment are 100% soon and back home where they belong super quick

Hi Jayne, lovely to see you xx hope you and Jesse and Walter are well as of course the gorgeous blue

Been to see my mates...a bit squiffy!! I really need to stop drinking...24pints in a week and I am allowed. 2...whoops lol

so, had different stories from the fosters owner. now had it that I might have them for 4 months, so had straight words with her. I know shes going through a lot, but hubby doesn't want the dogs back at all. shes agreed to let poppy be rehomed, shes thinking about bella. they are both lovely dogs, really are. my friend who does yorkie rescue has a waiting list of adopters, so shes going to look through them