UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Notable News

suzeanna

Well I have done it, spoke to Steve briefly this morning,I assumed he would have read the text I sent last night..he obviously hadn't, I was quite off with him and it wasn't until later I realised he hadn't read the text...anyway, was calling for hours...no rep!y, so me and my germs got in a taxi....£32 later and there will never be a relationship between us but he wants to be friends!! I have told him I can't / don't want to be friends with him....I am head over heels for him and I just can't be his friend...I told him not to speak to me, if I get his bus just ignore me...I called a cab to go home and he was livid I had done that...how did he think I was getting back??? Flying?? I swear he has no idea how sick I actually am, I have told him but he just ignores it...anyway, as I was leaving he said should he delete my number...I told him to do what the EFF he wanted and this bit made me howl...he isn't going to delete my number as he still wants to be friends!!! WTF, what part of no friends is so hard to understand?? I feel awful, I know he needs me in his life but I am sorry we feel very differently, I can't help how I feel about him, believe me, I would love not to love him...anyway, it is done, the only good thing to come out of this is I was able to help Max when he needed me. I feel like an awful person, I have never set out to hurt anyone or turn my back on someone who needs me but I am at the point where I am lost and confused

Owl, I am so very very sorry for your loss

Griff sometimes things just aren't meant to be and I think you have been wise to cut Steve loose. The more you keep in contact the harder it will be to get over him. You deserve someone in your life but not at any price. It is very, very hard to move on but you have made the first move. You are a star, don't let anyone dim your light.

Owl so very sorry to hear about your old family friend.

Archie is off out with Matt today, our DW's husband.

It's a year today since I fell in New York and buggered up my shin and ankle. The ankle is still puffy and aches a lot. 2 weeks tomorrow until we go to Copenhagen. I hope I keep my feet over there!

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss Owl, it's always a shock no matter what the age the person is.

Griff...sadly it's impossible to turn love on and off like a tap. You fell in love with the person you thought/hoped he was, and the fact that he isn't that person hasn't changed your feelings. I know it's easier said than done but try not to brood over him, if you find yourself thinking about him, do something to occupy your mind. I don't imagine for one moment he set out with the intention of hurting you but he has, and it shows a basic lack of understanding that he can't grasp the facts that you are so ill, and that being just friends won't work for you. You've done your best, you absolutely are NOT an awful person x

Yantan, my OH slipped off a kerb badly about three years ago now and tore all the tendons in his ankle and it still gives him trouble even now, it's much weaker than the other one. Have you got a support you can wear to give it a bit of help? Make sure your travel insurance is up to date before Copenhagen, just in case!

• Like 1

griff, that is pants, it really is. He can't just hang on to someone as a friend in this situation. Plus from what you have told us, he has messed you around a lot. Don't let him hurt you any more. You are not an awful person. He sounds as if he maybe can't manage a relationship with anyone.

• Like 1

Griff, I think you have gone above and beyond in your relationship with Steve. You need to put your energy into looking after your self.

Steve wants you to be there for him but is not putting anything into the relationship. You deserve more than that.

Take care of yourself and don't beat your self up over someone you cannot help.

You are a very caring person. Sometimes a person just asks too much.

Now you have made the decision try to look forward , not back.

Owl, sorry to hear about your friend.

Good news about the little dog.

• Like 1

Hopefully all will be well Jazz.

Gosh the weather has suddenly turned a lot colder. It's been hailing this afternoon too.

I finally got my Christmas shopping finished. I couldn't resist buying Evie another dress along with a box of Playmobile figures. Did I tell you all that when I met up with her a couple of weeks she was wearing a pink tutu?

I had no problem in getting optician to accept that varifocals don't work for me. They are being replaced by a second pair of distance glasses in same frame, plus I got a refund on the difference.

I have kept meaning to ask how you got on with this Owl. Very pleased that you have had a satisfactory outcome :flowers:

Alex are you about? How's the heating problem?

It's a very wet, grey morning here. Matt is coming for Archie soon, I'm glad I am not having to turn out in it. My shoulder and ankle are paining me so I shall stay in keep warm.

Hope you get some help at the doctors Jazz, you seem to have one problem after another and none of them being solved!

Good news about the glasses Owl..they are too expensive to waste your money on. I don't understand why they are so pricey, when my son was in Thailand, he said that if you took your prescription in they would make the glasses up within a day and they were perfect and about a tenth of the price in Britain.

Hope your heating is fixed Alex, it's gone very cold and you're going to need it. I was rather dismayed when they said all the major power companies are going to be hiking prices in the New Year, being home all the time I tend to have the heating on more than someone who's out at work. I try leaving it off and just wearing more clothes, but my hands get so cold and painful even with gloves that I have to turn it on. It's going to be a struggle to pay the bills, I can't remember the last time my OH's company gave anyone a rise.

Glasses are expensive to make up for the fact that the average eye test costs each practice about £85. We can't charge that, so have to make up for our losses somewhere. Some glasses are just expensive though - my latest pair were £110 cost price :rolleyes:

Made it back in one piece to my hotel in Goa. A 5 hour train journey in India is the most bum numbing thing ever :laugh: Yesterday my wake up call was at 4.30am, we left the hotel at 5am, got to the top of a mountain at 6.15, had breakfast and then went to see the elephants. I had mixed feelings about that. The elephants were ridden in chains, but as soon as they got to the watering hole, the chains were taken off and the mahout gave them a bath. After their bath, they got a feed of hay and fruits (as well as lots of bananas from us) then a check over, before being taken back out into the jungle. They weren't fenced in at all, and were just mooching around an area of jungle. After the elephants, we drove for about another hour, then went to the opposite side of the sancuary to see the tigers. We were in a bus and the tigers were roaming free in a massive safari park type area. After that, we had lunch, then went back to the hotel. We had an hour to get showered before going out again to a temple. There was a ceremony going on, it was boiling and the women had to be covered up from shoulders downwards. There was some dodgy looking guy who kept coming standing right next to various members of our party and staring at us. Then he would wander off and pretend to look at the stalls, but keep gazing over at us. He tried to talk to me as I was getting my shoes on after visiting the temple. He followed our group for about an hour. Am not sure if he was a distraction technique for a pickpocket, a really crappy pickpocket or was genuinely interested in us. We mentioned him to our guide who went over to speak to him, then he ran off. Then another guy who had been acting similarly appeared :rolleyes: Got back to the hotel and had tea at 9pm. This morning it was a 6am alarm call, 7.30am train, got back to my hotel at 2.30. Am now on my sunlounger and not moving till I fly home :laugh: