UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Notable News

suzeanna

Alex when we lived in our last house, which was all electric, the power went down due to winter storms and it took them several days to restore it. I resorted to filling our Hozelock garden spray bottle with hot water and hosing myself down in the bath with it. It made a reasonable shower under the circumstances but I sure wouldn't like to go back to those days. I hope you get your heating problem sorted very soon.

Could be jazz, google the make and model and see if anyone else has the same issues. I know Steve's fridge went mental the other week....it was freezing his milk lol. Told him to turn the temp gauge down and he has said no more about it so I guess it's sorted. You've not had it long have you??? Best to say something now whilst it is pretty new

I hope you're feeling better today Griff, and if not that you've got a doctors appointment.

Merledogs and Jazz, hope your respective household appliances get fixed quickly...especially the boiler as they are saying it's going to turn very cold at the end of the week again.

Candy is a little fraud..she puts on the pathetic "oh poor little me, I can't possibly jump on the sofa or bed, lift me up" expression, then I watched her belt down the garden to check for cats on top of our summerhouse, and leap effortlessly over the barricade I'd put up to stop her getting up there. Dogs!

So I managed to get some money today :biggrin: in the process I walked over 13km, burst into tears in front of a Canadian guy who gave me the last cash he had when I went to yet another bank that had no money, met an obnoxious horrid British woman who when I told her that I just want to buy an ice Cream and a nice cold bottle of water, she told me to deal with it and just cut back on the luxuries like you would at home if you were skint. It's not like I've ran out of money - I just can't get to it. Even if the banks had money, I'd only get access to 2000 rupees per day (about 19 quid) :angry: :mecry: This was before I met the nice Canadian man - he restored my faith in humanity. I found a bank that had cash, but you can't withdraw money over the counter without a cheque book. The ATMs were empty and not going to get any cash until late afternoon. On my way back, I remembered a conversation with a guy on the dive boat yesterday, who said he had changed money opposite his hotel and they had small notes (all the other changers were giving the old currency - some shops accept them, most don't). I found the changer, gave them £60 sterling and got about £50 worth of rupees back, but it was all small notes that I can spend. I don't think I'll come back to India in a hurry :rolleyes: Still planning on using my card to pay wherever I can, but at least I have some cash for bits and bobs now. I bought my bottle of water and a chocolate brownie magnum - am tempted to go and find that horrid woman tomorrow and eat a cornetto in front of her :laugh:

Aw Jayne I'm glad you got some dosh and your magnum and also met a nice kind man. I have always found that I see the worst of British people when away in a foreign country. I've cringed at their behaviour and done what I could afterwards to make the locals see we aren't all awful.

Candy! You little beggar! They are funny aren't they.

Jazz I hope you get your freezer sorted.

Hahaha@ Candy..little monkey

Jazz, hope you get a freezer sorted

Merledogs, hope you are warm enough

Jayne...how awful...supposed to be a holiday and you sound stressed out...that Canadian chap seemed very nice

Well I feel like cack, have got a cold and can feel it going to my chest, been trying to call Steve since yesterday...not answering his phone and his mobile is off, I know he is alive as he text me at 4am, he wanted to be friends but it isn't going to work out

Yesterday I was really stressed, I was fine once I got back to my hotel though. I parked my ass on a sun lounger and didn't move :laugh: Got back to my room though and found the air con is dripping shed loads of water onto the bathroom floor (it has been dripping a bit since I arrived, but now it's really going for it. Good timing really as I have 2 nights away on my trip. So they can mend it whilst I'm away :)

Griff - hope you are feeling better soon. And am sure Steve will give his head a wobble soon :GroupHug:

Glad you got some money at last Jayne, it was bad timing for you to go just when they messed about with the currency. Speaking of bad timing, an internet friend (we have met a couple of times) and her husband are off to New Zealand next week..south island...oh dear.

Sorry you are still feeling rough Griff, I'm not so good either, got a low level headache for the past three days that just won't go, plus I feel as if someone has punched me in the stomach and feel very tired and wobbly. I'm sure this mild weather doesn't help, it encourages the bugs to thrive. I don't know what to say about Steve, apart from I think you'd be less stressed if you cut him right out of your life but you're not the sort to do that. :unsure:

Hope things get better for everyone soon.

Mixed day here. Went tracking a terrier in Bourne with Finlay and Isobel. The little chap had escaped from his home as he was about to be taken to vet as he had been very sick all night. Finlay found him hiding under a thick bush in a neighbour's garden. He is now on a drip at vet overnight. Vet thinks he may have eaten something inedible and will investigate tomorrow. But he should be ok.

But while we were out tracking I had a text from my sister to say that a family friend had died. Unexpected and very sad. He was around 80 but very fit last time I saw him.