UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Notable News

suzeanna

Jazz....sometimes it really helps...as you all know i completely lost it earlier in the year, i had somebody good to talk to, as my gp pointed out, dealing with long term health issues as well as ordinary life will catch up with you and she said i was entitled to do my nut Lol

Suzeanna, ours deags cowers if i shout, move my arm quickly etc...i have had her from 10 weeks so what happend apart from being dumped in a pool..i don't know

Yantan, i am sure this new dog walker will be as awesome as the others

Glad your breathing is a bit better. I am sure everyone will understand about Harry.

Haven't been online much, was hit by some bug that is going the rounds. Feeling a bit better but unfit for company as sneezing too much. Also lame as was struck a glancing blow by Wispa zooming at full speed. She is usually good at avoiding me.

Hope you soon feel better, Owl.

I'm somewhat cheesed off..had a mammogram two weeks yesterday and had heard nothing so assumed it was okay, got a letter today from my GP surgery to say a follow up appointment has been made for me next Friday as they wish to do more mammograms, a consultant may wish to speak to me and to allow 3 hours at the hospital as an ultrasound and biopsy may be needed. Philip has that day and the following Monday off, and we're putting Candy into kennels for the Friday/Saturday to see how she goes and had planned to go to Meadowhall, have lunch out etc. Bang goes that plan. I'm trying to think positive but I'm going to find this a long week. Should have bought some more vodka!

Will be thinking of you.

I am a lot better thank you. It will be a few days before I am back to tracking again but I did manage a decent walk on the reserve with Wispa and had the police out after a man who was zooming up and down the public road through the middle on a trail bike, no plates and no helmet, doing wheelies at high speed. He was wearing a hoodie pulled down over his face. But it blew down and he saw me and I saw him. He was in his forties. I didn't get the number of the van he chucked the bike into before he was away. Now that is what I call a mid-life crisis.

Meant to be very cold tonight, hope everyone has their thick duvets ready!

OH went to the optician on Saturday, she confirmed he has a cataract and is referring him to the Eye Clinic at the Royal Hallamshire in Sheffield. She said they could reglaze the lens of his new glasses, as he hasn't had them long, but to make the left one strong enough would probably make it difficult for him to focus at all as the brain wouldn't be able to process the difference in the two lenses. I looked up the Hallamshire on their website and it's a 19 week wait in the Eye Clinic...I think he's going to be walking into walls long before that! My daughter and her OH are (lucky them) a lot better off than we are and they said they'd lend him the money to go privately if he got to the point he couldn't cope with driving.

You have touching faith in me Griff! Told OH what you said and he laughed and said yep, you put on a good act! He's taking the "don't worry until you've got something to worry about" line, but I must confess that hard as I try to convince myself there's nothing wrong, I'm getting jittery. I'm more worried about his eye though, if the worst come to the worst I can live with one boob, but if his sight is compromised that's a lot more life changing.