UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Notable News

suzeanna

You know Jayne..I'm sure you HAD a lot of friends! Due to the comments about the sun lounger (and the pay rise) the number may well have decreased! Seriously, well done job wise. My OH can't remember the last time his firm gave rises, but they are American owned and they aren't known for generosity.

Our vet does the new jabs too, have to go back for more in four weeks lark. Candy was done before we picked her up and seemed to have no ill effects.

Griff you can bet your life the more you want to avoid someone, the more you bump into them. Keep your chin up girl and remember, it's not you, it's them.

Yantan, there is a new lepto vax - lepto 4 I think it is called. It needs a booster the first time it is given.

It covers strains the other vax doesn't.

The previous vaccine covered the 2 most commonly occurring forms of Leptospira in the UK but we now have a vaccine which covers 4 serovars, which occur more common in Europe but outbreaks have started to occur in the UK now.

However, it has attracted a lot of bad publicity over dogs reacting to it which the BVA reject.

I did read of vet's only using it where these particular strains were a threat.

My vets still used the old lepto vaccine when Cleo got her booster in April. Like you I have to vaccinate as I use kennels.

Before I moved here I didn't use kennels and didn't booster the dogs.

Griff, we are here for you to lean on. Don't disappear because we will worry.

We had a white , wintry wonder land at 6am this morning. By 8 am there was 2 inches and it was snowing heavily.

We went into town later and the snow suddenly disappeared 10 miles along the road. The town was clear and sunny , but a very cold wind.

We came home at 3pm and the snow only lingered in the garden. The roads were clear.

Jealous of your sunshine, Gooster.

• Like 1

Thanks blackmagic :flowers: I am jealous of your snow.

I am feeling a smug git because I got all the book titles right on the latest Caboodle picture quiz right :smug-1: It's won me an entry into a years supply of books - whatever that means!

My brother and sister-in-law's dog, Taz, is poorly again with intestinal problems and seeing the vet again today. Poor boy.

Spent all day feeling ill - one of the girls in the next room was going out in Candolim and asked if I wanted to join her. I went. I drank quite a lot. Not had a hangover like this ever :rolleyes: We were drinking local brandy and lemonade. I don't usually drink spirits (and have no plans to ever drink them again now :laugh: ). I have moved from my room to the sun lounger and not moved all day. I've not been able to stomach eating anything and have just been able to have regular sips of water :rolleyes: Never again. I've not had much booze this holiday (maybe a glass of wine or beer with food), so think my body got a bit of a shock. I don't know what I'm going to eat tonight - can't face a curry :laugh:

Oh dear, poor Taz, hope he will be o.k

Jayne, look, it is NEVER anything you drank...it is ALWAYS something you ate Lol...i do hope you are feeling better now

i am soooooo organised, i have wrapped up my christmas presents, after number 35 i was losing the will to live Lol

I only buy presents for the immediate family - 6 plus hubby- so not a lot of wrapping to do.

One of our friends regularly ate an Indian restaurant. He was always ill the next day but refused to believe it was the food. It was the bad wine that they sold.

It didn't stop him going though and drinking it though.

It has been very cold here today so I have mostly stayed in the warm house.

Well done. Yantan. I hope you win something.

• Like 1

ooooerrr Yantan, sounds like your winning has entered you into a draw to win a years supply of books?? is that right?

Lol Blackmagic...now that i something i would do...know something made me bad but still do it

well i have gone a bit mental this year with gifts...everyone has got around £40 spent on them, i never have a lot of money but have managed to get organised this year so everyone gets a few good gifts off me. Got my mum a lovely handbag from tkmaxx, should cost £115 and i paid £40, dad got a media box ealrier in the year from me, he also has a new belt, shaving gel and will get something small for him, my brother...major headache, so far he has a tshirt and a tin of shortbread...what else to buy him i am clueless. the dogs have been ruined, as has Molly...Steve's dog...i kind of got carried away, it isn't my fault Lol

Feeling so much better today. Last night I stuck to water and had a bowl of chicken Hakka noodles. I went out for tea with the girls last night - we were all feeling rough yesterday. Even the thought of drinking anything remotely alcoholic still makes me feel queasy though :rolleyes:

Can't believe you are up to wrapping presents already Griff :laugh: I have bought the grand total of 3 presents and they are all stocking fillers :rolleyes: My family are so hard to buy for!

Feeling so much better today. Last night I stuck to water and had a bowl of chicken Hakka noodles. I went out for tea with the girls last night - we were all feeling rough yesterday. Even the thought of drinking anything remotely alcoholic still makes me feel queasy though :rolleyes:

Can't believe you are up to wrapping presents already Griff :laugh: I have bought the grand total of 3 presents and they are all stocking fillers :rolleyes: My family are so hard to buy for!

ooooerrr Yantan, sounds like your winning has entered you into a draw to win a years supply of books?? is that right?

Yes it is Griff. I meant that I was wondering how many books constitutes a years supply but I phrased it badly.

Owl if I eat fresh pineapple I sometimes get a sore mouth and lips which is pants because pineapple is my favourite fruit. Thank goodness I don't have an allergic reaction to it though.

Ooooh Jayne. I stopped drinking because the hangovers were getting worse and worse. I am not teetotal, I do like a mojito now and again and will have a beer on a hot day but it's no nay never for me as regards getting intoxicated. I don't need alcohol to act stupid either as that's my normal M.O :rolleyes: