UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Notable News

suzeanna

Mine have not heard fireworks so I don't know how they would be.

They do go with us to Jim's target shooting and normally aren't bothered by the noise. But, this year, Murphy is starting to get deaf and when walking him on our usual route he panicked at one of the gunshots. As I returned to the car he physically jumped after each shot. Once in the car, although nearer to the firing point , he was fine.

The next time I took them out I went the opposite way and he was fine with the noise.

After everybody has gone we feed them before returning to the B&B so they can have a walk afterwards. However, when we tried to go the first way Murphy stopped and backed away from the gate to the path. We had to go the other way.

Strange that after 11 years he suddenly started reacting to the noise. Since he has less hearing I wonder if the vibration of the shot scared him as he was okay on the other walk where there was less shock wave.

Evening all :)

Hope your doctor is back soon Jazz :unsure:

I'm flying to Goa tomorrow morning - doesn't feel real. Been so busy with my new job, not had chance to think about it :laugh: already forgotten my hairbrush and fly repellant, so I'll have to buy those at the airport :rolleyes:

Have a great trip Jayne :flowers:

It's a real cold frosty morning here. Looks lovely but feels brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Our DW is in Australia for 2 weeks visiting her sister so her husband is walking Archie today and tomorrow. He's a mountain guide and super fit. Little Archie will get a good work out!

Please don't let America vote in that orange clown today.

Jayne, have an awesome holiday!!!!

Lol poor old Archie, he thinks he is off for a pootle about and gets put into bootcamp Lol

Jazz, i should put you in touch with Steve, he is strictly mad...keeps asking me to watch the damn program errrr nope!!! i can't call when it is on and if i visit like today, i will leave before the nightly program comes on...between that and his games consoles...well!!!

Having watched quite a bit of American election stuff lately and read up about both candidates, I can't help feeling it's like having a choice between arsenic and cyanide!

Deja vu here. Johnson v Goldwater in the 60s. Neither was trusted but they voted for the one who wasn't demented.

it really looks like the lesser of two evils......

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

Looks like orange face has won. What an absolute tragedy for the US and the world :( The US will be a laughing stock with that vile man as president. He's like a cross between the BNP and the Monster Raving Loonies.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 2

I am not surprised he has won, having watched some discussion on the Christian extremist websites which warned of God's wrath falling on America unless they voted for him. How anyone can think he is a shining example of Christian family values I do not know. Anyway, he doesn't get inaugurated until early next year and anything could happen before then. In fact, not all the results are in. What happens if he doesn't get the required number of seats?

I'm appalled and fearful for what will happen under that orange idiot. I'll bet there will be lots of incidences of hate crimes against Muslims and others who are not seen by misogynistic, prejudiced Trump supporters to be "patriots". We saw some of that here in the wake of the Brexit vote. The only hope left is that Trumps bluff and bluster is just that and he either won't be as bad as we fear or, if he is, that more sensible Republicans will be able to hold him back.