UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

Our new neighbours are fecking horrible and odd - not only have they never apologised for the crap their builders put us through or for any of the disruption, nor have they even bothered to say hello to us, they are now in the process of doing something to their back garden having knocked down all the sheds out there and left our garden unsecured a couple of weeks ago. Today I went out into our conservatory to get something bearing in mind our garden has always been 100% private and secluded I am wearing 2 sizes 2 big pj's for comfort over my stitches and of course moving like a pelham puppet all careful and bent over - its not the way I would want to appear in public at all - anyway I felt the hairs lift on the back of my neck and turned my head to find BOTH neighbours sitting in garden chairs lined up ON the boundary line of our gardens facing into OUR garden!! They were looking directly into the conservatory and watching my every move - I called Rob and he came in and looked and we made full eye contact with them and they didn't even look away just kept staring at us!! If they had shifted their chairs barely 2' left or right they would have been screened from our garden and back rooms of the house by 10' high hedges but instead they were deliberately sat in the gap they'd made. WTF?????? Rob went and got a camera and took their photos and STILL they sat there staring at us!! Its quite upset me its always been my sanctuary out the back here and now it feels like a complete invasion of privacy. Rob works from home out in the conservatory but has felt too uncomfortable to go out there this afternoon as they are just sat there watching! They can also see right into the bedroom and part of our lounge! I really didn't want to fall out with these people and had been trying very hard to play peacemaker with Rob to at least try and get on speaking terms with them and he's now gone ballistic - I just don't understand why on earth they would choose to sit there and look in our direction!

Snow, I think they want you and rob to feel that uncomfortable that you pay for the fence, I would get a couple of fence posts, some cheap netting.....you know like crop netting, put that up and put a tarpauline over the top..or just the fence posts and tarpaulins....as long as it is on your property sod all they can do....would love to come and visit you lol...I am the stuff of nightmares

Oh Suzeanna I like your thinking!

Snow you have all my sympathies over the nasty neighbours. What is it with people? It is so much easier just to get on than trying to make life difficult for others. I wish my nasty neighbour would get that through her thick skull.

The painters are here again this morning and just have to gloss our downpipe and next door's facia and that's all the work complete. I've made them both a coffee.

I am interested to see just how the builders are going to clean the garden up so it's "like we've never been here" as they have splashed render all over our flags, broken a finial off the rope edging, covered the camellia in cement splashes, brushed a load of crap that they swept up after making the render under the bay tree which has set solid, got gravel everywhere, thick dust everywhere and the garden just looks AWFUL. Even the painters have shaken their heads over the state we are in.

Anyway at least it's a gorgeous day here.

Yantan, i hope they can fix your garden...one thing when the mess is for your gain but when it doesn't benefit you...just wrong

Been to the Dr about my back, she is getting in touch with my consultant for advice on a scan and his input...who would have thought that being such a medical freak could make people panic with something as simple as back pain Lol i am now on diazepam to see if that sorts me out and i have to go back next week, if i lose control of my bladder or bowel i have to go to A&E...there was a wee wee mishap last week but between the 2 of us we decided it is my catheterization to blame.i go back next week for my follow up to see whats what

Snow, I think they want you and rob to feel that uncomfortable that you pay for the fence, I would get a couple of fence posts, some cheap netting.....you know like crop netting, put that up and put a tarpauline over the top..or just the fence posts and tarpaulins....as long as it is on your property sod all they can do....would love to come and visit you lol...I am the stuff of nightmares

Me too, perhaps a fugee garden party is in the offing, lots of us and lots of dogs :partytime:

oh forgot to add ESA are live streaming the transit of Venus across the sun, yes I am that geeky :)

• Like 2

blood test results arnt back yet to find out whats wrong with me this time, but ive had to cancel the meeting tomorrow, cant go out like this.

my friend fell down the stairs yesterday, nothing broken, but cant drive to come and walk the dogs, or take jerry for her jabs today, so that's cancelled. doing well this week lol

Laurel and Hardy...sounds like a top plan to me Lol.... i swear, the sight of me, my two chavvy staffies and they would be packing to leave Lol and that's without me opening my mouth...sadly after years of working in the motor trade every other word that comes out is a swear word and that's before i even have a pint Lol

Jazz, hope your week gets better, is there not a pet taxi who can get Jerry to the vets?

been helping my aunty sort out a cake for my cousins birthday...she is 21...amazing how immature she is compared to me at that age

Oh lord, Griff and Jazz...neither of you doing well at the moment! Hope things improve for you both and your back problem is nothing related to your main problem, Griff!

A lot of people are getting their FB profiles hacked and things put on that aren't from them, so I don't know if this is genuine or not BUT on Owl's profile on the status update it says "in a relationship".! OOooo....

Just thinking..I wonder how many of us, if we actually saw the people we are talking happily to in here, would automatically write them off as not being friend material because of how they look or sound? Twas Griff's comment about how she looks that made me wonder. Goes to show really, there'd be a lot more harmony in the world if we didn't jump to instant conclusions based on someone's appearance without bothering to get to know them.

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

Suzeanna, she did seems quite concerned it may be related, she has mentioned fracture, and is seeing what my consultant wants to do with regards a scan...if there is a long wait i am going private again

I honestly do try not to judge people on how they look and yes i do look a bit rough but i am the person who would help you if i could...unlike my cousin who looks all sweet and princessy but wouldn't help you even if she could Lol

Griff and jazz and snow - I hope you all feel better soon :GroupHug:

Snow - worth investing in some sturdy panelling and put another fence up your side, then grow some fast growing shrubs so they are taller than the fence itself. They do indeed sound very very weird.

I hope she's wrong about a fracture, Griff. Last thing you need!

Owl has put on a post..she did put that on, but it isn't genuine, it's to deter what she thinks is a possible online scammer trying to befriend her in order to tap her for money.

• Like 1

Yes, have seen them off.

But madness continues in other quarters. The lynch mob who have targeted my pregnant friend have conclusively proved, they say, that I am a fake ID for her, and don't exist. Serve me right fro try to make peace.

Edited by owl