UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

Congrats Snow and Rob.

Any news on young Timmy yet merledogs? or do you need to wait on the results again?

Just had to rush dex to the vets, he was struggling going to the loo, rung up and emma said was i joking.... i was like errrmmm nope, took him down and she explained why she had been so funny....conor (my vet) had said you watch, tomorrow there will be an enema, and she thought he has asked me to ring up as a joke Lol. Bill was only £28, won't be spending any money on myself any time soon

Poor Dex - I hope he's on the up soon :flowers:

Timmy has to have a bone marrow biopsy because his white cell count is still low, even after the antibiotics. If it's his bone marrow he'll probably be steroids but if it's not, well I don't even want to think about what the alternative is. He's absolutely fine in himself and not showing any signs of illness.

Took the dogs out for a nice long walk, then did some gardening when I got back, including digging up loads of plants to take down to church. I'm surprised I wasn't struck down with lightning when I went cos I'm really not religious. My friend Rita goes there and mentioned that she's helping spruce up the cemetery and making it into a proper garden so there's loads of space to fill and I have lots of plants which need to go to make space for other plants. Even though I'm not religious I do like the idea that those visiting their loved ones will find some solace and enjoyment out of the shrubs I've donated.

I am now going to have some brunch.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Alex, that is a lovely lovely thing to do, i wish i was near as i have a load of lily of the valley i need to take out....my nan gave it us and it is now spreading into my lawn so it needs to come out....problem is, i don't just want to bin it Lol mum said to go and pop it in the woods but i am a bit worried with cats going in there

Fingers crossed for young Timmy, and thanks for the good wishes for Dex...he is a grumpy cat but i love him to bits......i would just like to stay out of the vets for a wee while, i have spent everything i have and i don't think i will get much back from the insurance...if anything

I am a dyed-in-the-wool atheist Alex but I love going into churches and walking round their cemeteries. I also contribute financially to the upkeep of the two church cemeteries in town because they both contain many generations of my ancestors. I love the architecture and the peace and quiet you find in and around a church. Well done you for helping keeping one of your local cemeteries in lovely condition :flowers:

Ooooooh Griff I am well jeluz of your chair! Nice mummy :jammin:

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

That chair's cool griff :cool2:

This is the church/cemetery (there are some more recent graves and a memorial garden for those who've been cremated)...

211943-22865-800.jpg

I'm aching like an achey thing after yesterday's exertions. Even more forearms and wrists are aching :confused:

Had an awful night's sleep - went off about 10.30, Timmy and/or Kinky woke me around 12.30. Timmy needed to go out, so I let him out, went back to bed and couldn't get back to sleep. Two hours later he needed out again, so I took him out and left him and Kinky in the living room (came down to a pile of runny poo on the rug so not sure what he's eaten that the others haven't :unsure: ). Still couldn't get to sleep. Finally dropped off around 4ish I think and woke up at 6 :tired:

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Crappy nights sleep for me too Alex ((hugs)) the noise from the rain on the conservatory roof was deafening in the lounge and every time I could feel myself dropping off I needed a wee and had to struggle out of the recliner and off to the bathroom which then woke me up again :rolleyes: my throat is very dry and I keep constantly clearing it so ended up with a bit of a dry tickly cough probably as a result of being intubated so I'm not too bothered it'll get better in a couple of days I'm sure, but because its dry and because I need to keep everything moving I'm drinking litres of water which of course is why I ended up back and forth to the loo all night lol

I have noticed that I now have incredibly icky oily face which is a 100% reversal of the very dry skin I previously had so just did a bit of googling and that is likely to be a side effect of me 'ormones so I've just ordered some facial blotting paper :confused:

Alex, what a beautiful church!!! The egg chair is so very very comfy...hope timmys tum is better soon

Snow, sorry to hear you haven't been so good, could rob get you some throat sweets and medicine to save you drinking all the water

Jazz, hope your tum is better soon

I've just read that yesterday was world naked gardening day. Good job I didn't know eh :wink: On second thoughts I wouldn't want to frighten any kids, especially if I was out front (so to speak) :laugh:

I've been doing lots more gardening. Have dug up some rather large shrubs which are going to my colleague. The clearout continues, but I did have to stop myself buying another plant online this morning :rolleyes: Some of the shrubs were in large tubs so I've had to tip them out so I could get the plants out, then root prune them so currently there's tons of compost lying all over the place. Am going to have to shovel it up later, but I'm having some lunch first cos my back is killing.

• Like 2