UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

Aw Griff, I hope you improve soon :flowers:

Good to hear you enjoyed the club Alicia :)

The painters arrived at 8.30 this morning. Please keep your fingers crossed that the grey skies above don't throw rain down on us. If the weather stays fine they should be finished by Monday and the scaffolding, I have been assured, will come down Tues or Wed.

Let's see if the final clean up after that restores the garden to it's former state. Somehow I can't see it. They have spilt cement on the flags and I don't know how they will get that off. I cancelled today's solicitor's appt but I told them I might be calling for another if they don't clean the garden properly and my car.

No Jazz, no Oramorph...i don't do well on Morphine anyway so wouldn't take it if they gave it me

Yantan, they still haven't sorted your car....shocking!!!! i wonder will they jetwash the flagstones, if you get a real powerful jet they may dislodge the cement, i am keeping all crossed that the rain holds off for you and you can finally be shot of the scaffold

I can't find my spirit level...my deck is wonky and wants levelling slightly, my dad can do that when he gets back

Did i tell you he mucked us about with the vet appointments? i had deags booked tonight for the vet and kota in tomorrow morning, he decided that as he was off, after a month of the service light being on on his car he would book it in for tomorrow...this means dropping the car off tonight, how would i get the dog to the vet...taxi...and i would end up footing the bill and then a taxi again tomorrow with kota..... luckily they squeezed us in at the vet last night so we only have to manage tomorrow...i really could have throttled him, the man is such a div at times, i am sure he was waiting for me to book his car in too as he doesn't like talking on the phone...he'd had that one, i made him do it himself Lol

Oh no Griff, were you cross at your dad or did you let him off? That was good of your vets to get them both in. Honestly if we lived close I would take you any time you needed to go - there or anywhere else.

I've made the painters a cuppa and let one of them use the loo as they are super polite and nice lads - and Archie likes them!

Speaking of Archie. Here is he at Surprise View just outside town on the way down the Borrowdale valley. He is the one standing at the right. Our lovely dog walker took the photo.

41fe3a94-0167-4ada-bbfa-4443e8a478fc.jpg

• Like 1

What a cracking photo!!!!! I love the ikkle staffy too, I do have a soft spot for brindlies

Awwww that is very nice of you Yantan....with my crew we are always in the vet, I hope Kota gets the all clear tomorrow.....I know she did my head in when I got her and still has "issues" but I will be devastated if there is anything up with her.

Lol.....I called him a few names and today he has announced that he is coming home to get changed before dripping his car off, when I pointed out he was weird for refusing to go in his work clothes he said I was weird lol

I am home - I've even been out and voted in the Welsh Assembly elections lol So I've been a bit of a celebrity lol seems sid was a "big un" my consultant said I made her work hard for her money as he was "most impressive" moreover he had indeed torted... and was twisted around himself THREE times!! She couldn't get over it as she said it was so large and the space is so limited they couldn't see how the hell he could twist at all let alone 3 ruddy times!! I said well I did tell you I have been in a lot of pain :rolleyes: she showed me the pictures and I was gobsmacked! I have been VERY lucky, even though he'd twisted he hadn't cut off the blood supply so he wasn't necrotic and he hadn't ruptured had either of those things occurred I'd have been very poorly and in big BIG trouble. Anyway he is gone now along with both my ovaries and tubes and shes done a full MOT on me the results of which won't be known for 4 weeks. To everyones surprise I have NOT needed any pain relief after I woke up - I haven't had so much as a paracetamol, let alone any of the morphine they were offering me throughout the night, I'm not martyring or anything I'm fine at the moment - I suspect its because I have grown so used to tolerating a high level of pain over the past few months that my threshold is much higher than it would normally be, but if I starts to hurt I'll happily take the meds or maybe I still have some of the good stuff floating about in my system and I'll feel it later. For now though I'm just a little sore. I had NO nausea either - though that I suspect is because I'd done my research and when I was finally allowed to have tea and toast I nibbled it into weeny bits and took ageeeees to eat it and I'd asked Rob to bring me in about 8 or 9 mini ginger bread men and I had one of those every hour or so - ginger is supposed to help with nausea and also helps with wind and I knew the wind thing was going to be a factor. Again so far so good with that I made sure all night to turn from side to side wriggle my legs and used the electric bed thingy to sit up, lay down sit up etc. so that I wasn't just in one position all the time. I gave them a bit of a scare as my blood pressure dropped very low during surgery and stayed low on the ward for a while so I'm not to take my blood pressure meds for a day or so until I'm back to my normal "high" levels. Haven't had much sleep - other peoples buzzers going off all ruddy night long plus I really really really did not like the catheter which made me feel like I was stuck in the worlds longest traffic jam bursting for a wee (tmi) but its all behind me now - on wards and upwards.

Glad all went to plan and you are now home for some rest and recuperation.

You need home to rest as you get no rest in hospital.

My husband says the next time he has to go in he is taking an eye mask and ear plugs with him- he can't sleep if there is a light on and the tv screens over the beds that they have flicker on and off all night and nurses were coming into the ward off and on all night.

One night he got up to the toilet to find blood on the floor and round the wash basin and the old man from the bed opposite wandering around naked.

He had got up yanking out the cannula in his hand- hence the blood everywhere.

The old man was moved to a single room where they could keep an eye on him after that.

When I go in, first thing to be prescribed are sleepers lol, I learnt after the first 2times, when I was first Ill with wegeners I asked for them, my consultant looked at me and asked if I had them before... I was honest and said no and just waved my hand about and said I would get no sleep in here....he prescribed them and I slept every night without fail...my advice... Ask for them, they can only say no!

Glad you are home Snow :flowers:

That's a lovely pic Marion :)

Hope Kota gets on ok at the vets Griff :flowers:

Has anyone been watching the secret life of puppies on channel 5? Tonight there was a naughty mini schnauzer on it. All the other puppies have been quite well behaved, the schnauzer was a right little monster. The owner was a bit useless, but the puppy was adorable and so funny :wub: Ted was a git when he was a puppy too, I think schnauzers are naughty/spirited in general though.

Yes we watched that, he was a holy terror! Couldn't believe the tiny bed those people got for the lab pup though, she was spilling out.

My birthday today and OH has the day off so we're going to Renishaw Hall gardens. Dogs ate allowed so Rosie can come too

• Like 1