UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

It's libel at the very least isn't it? (slander is spoken, libel written?) Is all this happening on a public forum Owl, or one you belong to? I can fully understand how they could be up in arms originally, thinking they were standing on the "right" side, but once things about the situation were made clear, they should have apologised and backed off. They sound unhinged, you can't say you want someone dead and expect nothing to happen!

We're sorry you're having a bad experience on Facebook, and we want to help. If you want to report something that goes against our Community Standards (ex: nudity, hate speech, violence), use the Report link near the post, photo or comment to report it to us.

If you want to report something that goes against our Community Standards but you don't have an account or can't see the content (ex: someone blocked you), you may need to ask a friend to help you.

Remember that you should contact local law enforcement if you ever feel threatened by something you see on Facebook.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/uk-police-report-dramatic-rise-crimes-twitter-facebook-1504742

Supt Paul Giannasi, from the National Policing Chiefs' Council, believes there is a responsibility on police and internet providers to protect people online.

"Anyone who feels that they are being harassed on social media should report it to the police via the dedicated True Vision website so that we can investigate it fully," he said.

http://www.report-it.org.uk/home

• Like 1

Owl, threatening words and behaviour...that covers it, also intimidation and harassment, do you have a law centre near by? they offer free legal advice, i would get in touch, ask advice and a solicitors opinion and once she can actually tell them what law covers the behaviour then i think you will find the police will step up and do something

Jazz, amazon have them, they do them for £5.99

• Like 1

Police have been round again but say they can't act as the online death threat referred to "she" and didn't mention the person by name. I think the police are dodging the issue, or are maybe simply out of depth. The harassers are now saying they will not rest until they have taken her own animals off her.

Victim support are advising her tomorrow.

Blackmagic, I may well contact the true vision site tomorrow myself. Thank you. Can't think straight tonight. CCTV cameras are up but the poor woman feels unsafe when out and about alone. I took her to maternity clinic and back this afternoon in the car so she didn't have to wait for a bus and get scared.

Just a thought...if the woman has home insurance, there could be the legal bit on that...loads include it now with your policy, it is for all aspects of law so they will most likely be able to advise, my brother had some legal stuff with work and when I got attacked they were really helpful with me

Now, they may not have mentioned her by name, however I am sure they will have mentioned the dog, the dogs location, owner etc...as the lady had the dog it is pretty damn obvious who it is aimed at, therefore that gives the police sufficient grounds to go and have a word with them. Also, although no name has been mentioned, it doesn't matter...a threat to kill is still threatening words...again , the police can easily go and say they have been alerted to activity on the internet where the instigators have threatened to kill and if it continues action could be taken...shouldn't be too hard for the police to get their profiles removed

Off to hospital in the morning to hopefully finally see the back of Sid - cannot come too soon now after the dreadful few days I've just had. I need to be at the hospital very early so won't be back on the forum until after my surgery now *fingers crossed* its just an overnight stay and I'll be back home on Thursday. I'm taking my new laptopy thing so may be able to get online from the ward if I feel up to it.

Good luck Snow. I'll be thinking of you :flowers:

Owl I can't believe that the police feel there is nothing they can do. That doesn't feel right.

Well I am totally pee'd off. This is the second week of nothing happening in the garden. Why they haven't had the painters in to get on and get the damned thing finished off I have no feckin idea. No one is answering my calls so all I can do is leave increasingly angry messages. We go on holiday the week after next and I don't want people accessing our garden whilst we are away. I feel I need to be here to keep an eye on things. I just wish people would tell the truth and not skirt around the problem with vague intimations of what they intend - and answer their phones instead of ignoring me. Don't they get that only makes people more angry and frustrated?

I forgotted to put Owl's name in. Duh.

Edited by Yantan

Wished Snow good luck on FB, hopefully she's now in hospital having the pre surgery checks.

Owl, I know it's little consolation to your friend, but she's not alone in being at the receiving end of this sort of thing. GRWE have put things on FB saying they are too, regarding a dog which was handed to them by it's legal owner, but her partner has started an online campaign to have it returned to him, although it wasn't his in the first place. This particular dog has been rehomed by GRWE and is happy in its new home. I agree with you it sounds as if the police are dodging the issue, let's face it, Chesterfield police aren't exactly likely to be au fait with internet crime..and this is a crime. All they seem to be hot on round here is clocking motorists doing 5 mph over the limit.

• Like 1