UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

Well, lets hope th plumber (lol) can do a good job of cleaning up, i can't say i blame you for wanting archie out of the way

Lovely you had a nice visit with Evie and lovely the dresses arrived in time. You can probably get the yorkshire vet on catchup...it is channel 5

I am going to attempt to get to the Dr today to collect my prescription...this could be fun Lol

I have had a persistent cough for a couple of weeks and my asthma has been playing up but my preventative spray and relievers aren't really helping. So because we go on holiday on Sunday and after a particularly breathless day yesterday I rang for a doc's appointment and got one this afternoon :) I need to be fit to walk around Hampton Court, Kew Gardens and Monkey World!

I hope you get your garden sorted ,Yantan, but be aware the acid will probably take the colour off your slabs as they are usually just died.

Get then to replace them of they are not right.

It is probably all the dust that is affecting you. Getting away form it might help.

Evie sounds like a proper little girl who likes fancy dresses.

Good news about Kota, but worrying that they still don't know what's wrong.

Another sunny day here but not so hot, thank goodness. 24-26 degrees os not good for working in.

I went into Boots this morning to get some travel sickness pills..well, anti travel sickness! and got the usual "are you on any medication?" I reeled off the list and she was ok until I got to the chemo drug then she disappeared round the back to confer and came back and said I had to check with my GP and she couldn't sell me any until I had. Phoned the GP's when I got home and spoke to the inhouse pharmacist and he said no worries..literally, he's an Aussie...so now I have to traipse back into town to get some Kwells. I feel I should get a note to carry round with me!

Glad Evie's dresses came in time and she loved them Yantan. My little granddaughter tends to be put in leggings and tops rather than dresses.

Suzeanna Evie absolutely insists on wearing a dress every day. Her mummy would like nothing better than to get her into cute shorts and tee's or legging's and pretty tops. She is just such a little girlie girl. I also got quite the lecture on how to attract fairies into the garden and what to feed them and where to put a fairy door so they could get in when it rained and when I lost a tooth.

Bad luck on the Boots visit. Perhaps you really should have a note?

Well the plumber brushed the flagstones, removed that hardened mess that's in one of the photos and that was it. I must admit it looks better just for the sweep up but the flags needed wetting down. There's still loads of fine dust blowing about out there. I've been out and cut away a lot of branches and twigs so they can get into where lots of the old render fell and clean it out. I will annoyed if they don't. We are just going to have to hope that when we come back from our hols all will be well.

The flagstones have faded a lot from when they were first laid. They were like a ruddy red and a sand colour if I remember rightly. I was actually glad when they started to fade as they seemed a bit bright to start. If, after the brick acid, has been applied the colours aren't too bad I'll be fairly happy.

Why does everything have to be a fight though? If I had had to inconvenience someone like next door has us I would not have been arguing with them over the clean up and I would have made sure everything was done properly - as in fact I did when part of our chimney stack blew over and crashed through next door's bathroom roof. I had someone out doing a temporary repair the same day and all the damage was righted within 2 weeks. And though I know it was our responsibility to get it done we never ever got a thank you for attending to it so promptly with no stress to the neighbour.

Jazz thanks, I don't want to do that really though. I am overweight and need the exercise so I always try and walk when I can.

Suzeanna, have you tried those bands that go on the accupressure points on your wrist? mums mate had them and she said they were great

Yantan, i do hope that you get your chest sorted out and also that the clean up does sort everything out, my neighbour apologised yesterday whn i rung up with Kotas results...she was having a carpet put down and was worried about the noise

Jazz, can you not email the Dr for the results

Blackmagic...enjoy the sunny weather

Well i got halfway up the Drs path....immense pain and just got my medication and went home, i won't be going anywhere until monday at the earliest

Griff please take it easy! I know you say you are going to but really do it :GroupHug: That was nice of your neighbour.

Saw the doc and because I am going on holiday he said let's throw everything at it because it sounds like I have a combo of asthma and a chest infection of some kind. So I am on 6 steroids a day and antibiotics but he reckons that I should feel much better by Sunday and be able to enjoy the rest of the coming week. :elefant:

I have new taters on the boil and am about to cook myself a steak and make a nice big salad and then it's feet up in front of the telly.

• Like 1

I really can't do anything Yantan so I will be being very good!! Had all my painkillers, dizepam and have my tens machine on.....my mum thinks I will be off to the hospital.... Don't mind for an hour or so but they aren't keeping me!! I am hanging on for Tuesday to see my dr

i think i will be o.k until Tuesday..... i just won't do anything Lol

My mums mate used to work at Kew gardens growing plants etc

was awake properly at 4.30..didn't get much sleep before that and draagged myself up at 7.30....just as mum was heading out to work, she was not amused Lol

Moaning :tired:

Please go to the doctor griff :flowers:

Marion - hope they get it cleared up to your satisfaction and what a nob that bloke from the religious group is :mad: I'm jealous of your trip to Monkey World and Kew Gardens.

We can pick you up on the way down Alex.

Right I've set up a webcam in Ruby's bedroom window to look down on the garden (it's in clear view) and have some ordered some "under surveillance" stickers for the front door and sitting room window - hope they arrive tomorrow as promised. That'll give the builders and her next door something to think about whilst we aren't here next week. We can watch them clean up and if knobhead from next door comes trespassing we shall be sending her a solicitors letter warning that if she does it again she'll find her self in court.

I had a really crap nights sleep but am surprisingly perky this morning despite that. It'll probably hit me later.