UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

Snow, can i suggest a pair of flip flops?? i never thought of it until i was actually in hospital but communal showers are the place you pick up verrucas and fungal infections etc. i sent my mum off to primarni immediately to buy some..there was no way i was setting foot in a shower without them Lol. Also, stash some goodies in your bag in case you feel up to eating, they only come round with breakfast, lunch and dinner at our hospital and i didn't see a newspaper cart the whole time i was in

Awww Yantan, you have lots of visitors, we have some sparrows, a robin or 2, some tits and pigeons, was my dads idea to feed them but i somehow ended up with the bill for the food and replacing the houses as and when necessary

Jayne, people can really be ar*es...no need for rudeness at all, hope tesco has all you want

Edited by griff

Moaning :tired:

We've had snow overnight which has settled, but not very deep.

I also fed the birdies twice yesterday cos they'd scoffed the lot by lunchtime. We get pigeons (both wood pigeons and the other type), collared doves, blackbirds, starlings (still a couple hanging about), jackdaws, magpies, sparrows, blue tits and some other ickle ones I don't know the name of. We get the occasional jay as well.

Edited by merledogs

We got Snow too, not much but the dogs sort of looked and went "err yeah great" and came back in Lol

Mum and dad have spoken to me, apparently my dad had a near collapse in the pub last night after going a very deep red colour, luckily there was a nurse on hand who thinks he may have had a TIA, he has been having coughing fits for well over a month now and i kept telling him to see a Dr but he wouldn't listen..what do i know? i told him when they adopted Deags that the pair of them had to sort themselves out with their diet and lifestyle...poor little bug*er will end up needing a new family at this rate and kota...well nobody else could cope with her so i know where she will end up...i am bl**dy annoyed with the pair of them

Sorry to hear that about your dad, Griff. Unfortunately, parents have a hard job accepting that their kids might possibly know better than them on some things! With luck, this will have given him enough of a shock to get himself checked out, either by his GP or in A&E!

We've got snow, enough to be a nuisance and make the pavements slippery. OH took Rosie out earlier and said she suddenly stopped and started shaking and licking her foot, she'd got a big chunk of icy snow wedged in the pads of her foot, but strangely enough, just one paw. She's not really keen on walking in snow, Dyl used to love it when it was fresh, but not when it had frozen as it hurt his feet.

griff I'm sorry to hear about your dad - hope he's okay :GroupHug:

marion Timmy appears to be fine - doing his oblutions and stuffing his ickle piggy snout :wub:

I've done some more sofa polishing ('til I ran out of leather balsam), then had a nice nap. Watching the footie now. I'm going to make bangers and mash with onion gravy and yorkshires later, yum.

Thank you both...he should know better as i had 2 TIA's i lost my sight for 15 minutes and was talking nonsese..well it made sense to me Lol..it is the one time in my life that i have ever been scared...after that chuck anything at me Lol. He will be going to the Dr...he has no choice because i will feckin drag him there by the ear if i have to

Awwww good lad timmy stuffing your face!!! how are the others now?? have their poorly tums gone

Suzeanna, isn't vaseline supposed to stop the snow sticking...or have i made that up??

Sorry to hear about your dad Griff. He needs to take care of himself.

I have a tattie pot in the oven complete with black pudding. Can't wait for tea time but meanwhile will enjoy the aroma of it cooking.

Aw good old Timmy, I'm glad to hear he's much improved :wub:

i have just made the dogs a nice dinner with veggies and steak and i made myself some veggies too....even managed to get it all ready at the same time lol Yay for me!!!

Yantan...what the heck is a tatty pot?? is it like hot pot or something?

Awww bless them Merledogs, they are obviously attached to him after all

Well done Griff. I find the hardest thing about the cooking is the timing.

Very concerned about your dad, that certainly calls for a checkup. Hope you can talk some sense into him.

Relieved to read that Timmy is doing so well.

Soggy squelchy snow arrived here last night, mostly all gone now.

I hope everybody is keeping snug and warm. We have sparkly snow and sunshine. We had -6 degrees when we went to bed last night and it dropped to -9 overnight. It was -11 a few miles down the road.

I will be making a pot of soup tomorrow.

Suzeanna, my retreiver used to collect snow balls on her paws. Her big paws kept her on top of the the snow but my dallie sank into it as he had small paws.

Glad Timmy is doing well.

I hope your dad goes to see the doc, Griff. It is not worth it ignoring warning signs- they don't just go away. But men seem to be reluctant to go the the docs.

he will go to the Dr, like it or not...i feel a very big shouty sweary arguent happening but he will go...i always win Lol...i will tell his little sister too and she can start texting him to nag him.... also when he wants stuff doing and we all refuse he will soon get fed up, i will do what i usually do, tell him he is just like the rest of his pathetic weak and ridiculous family and he will explode and then go to the dr Lol

Owl, i am right disaster at cooing...i am fine for myself as i will eat stuff cold if needs be i did swede and carrot mashed, mashed potato, and then i steamed some carrots and new potatoes...oh nearly forgot...microwaved some peas Lol

Yikes Blackmagic, that is to damn cold!!!! i am looking at getting an electric blanket to keep me toastie at night, the dogs have those fleece bed spread things so they get all tucked up with that and their blanky and i am left to shiver Lol