UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

Poor Ted. Sending positive thoughts for him and not so positive one's for your dad.

Good ole Timmy! Have they any idea what caused his illness?

Archie is currently out with the DW. He managed to head butt me in the eye before leaving and it's caused my headache to come back but not to migraine proportions. I am seeing the doc tomorrow about it all anyway.

Alicia glad to hear you enjoyed yourself and are planning on going again :)

Think there must be something about the recent weather that aggravates migraines - both me and my dad have been bad this week, and normally when we both have a migraine at the same time it is because of weather pressure changes. Hope yours bogs off soon Yantan :GroupHug:

Jayne :GroupHug: I can sympathise. Morse isn't getting any younger (he turned 15 in September). If he were my dog, he'd be on strong pain killers for his arthritis, but my mum doesn't like them due to the fact they can cause liver/kidney issues if used long term. I'm of the opinion it should be quality over quantity, especially given his age, but can't force her :( He's happy enough though, and still enjoys a short potter round. He's reminding me more and more of Sophie in her last few months. Wish they could live forever.

Think there must be something about the recent weather that aggravates migraines - both me and my dad have been bad this week, and normally when we both have a migraine at the same time it is because of weather pressure changes. Hope yours bogs off soon Yantan :GroupHug:

Jayne :GroupHug: I can sympathise. Morse isn't getting any younger (he turned 15 in September). If he were my dog, he'd be on strong pain killers for his arthritis, but my mum doesn't like them due to the fact they can cause liver/kidney issues if used long term. I'm of the opinion it should be quality over quantity, especially given his age, but can't force her :( He's happy enough though, and still enjoys a short potter round. He's reminding me more and more of Sophie in her last few months. Wish they could live forever.

Sophie have a look into Golden Paste which is based on Turmeric.

You can make your own or buy ready made.

I chose to give George a better quality of life over a longer life. His meds caused the liver failure that caused his death him but he was a happy, happy boy up until the day before he left for the bridge. I could have had him another year or two, possibly longer, but the cost to his well being wasn't one I was prepared to take.

Owl I have a friend who used Cortaflex for her elderly arthritic dog and it made such a difference so it gets my vote too :)

We are back to heavy rain and horrible grey days. Archie will have to have his coat on this morning when he goes out with the DW. I used to love rainy days but not any more.

• Like 1

we have rain too.....boo!!!!

Got to try to remember to call the vet! forgot this morning and when i rang he was consulting, he has a rep in at 11am so hopefully if i call about 12 he will be free, i am sure all is fine. Dad has an appointment at the dr today at 4.10,one of the lovely ladies remembered i had been in wanting an appointment and booked him in this afternoon...very nice of her.

Anyone want a delinquent 18 year old cat?? he is doing my head in... i have no clue what the hell is wrong with him, he is in, then out, then back in, then he wants the garden, then he wants the kitchen but won't use his tray...normally he just has a bit to eat and goes to bed but seems hell bent on terrorising me and the dogs today Lol

I chose to give George a better quality of life over a longer life. His meds caused the liver failure that caused his death him but he was a happy, happy boy up until the day before he left for the bridge. I could have had him another year or two, possibly longer, but the cost to his well being wasn't one I was prepared to take.

I agree Marion, which is why, when Milly was diagnosed with cancer, I declined chemotherapy for her. I could have kept her with me longer but she would have been miserably sick, so I chose quality over quantity and she was also very happy up until the last 48 hours or so.

I'm 51 today :mecry: so I've got the day off and am chilling with a good book and stuffing my face. It's pizzing down outside - I want the cold weather back.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

I think you have a bit of a senility setting in with the cat Griff. Might be worth getting him checked out at the vet (more money I know!) in case it's something else though. We had several cats who lived into their late teens, a couple made 20, and some of them acted the way yours is and it was dementia.

Alex you and I have always been on the same wavelength when it comes to our pets and their treatment :flowers:

• Like 1