UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

Pleased to hear Timmy is home and everyone was chuffed to see him

i don't know what's worse...knowing you are going to lose your pup or when they go unexpectedly...i have had one of each

hope your check up went well Yantan

i have had a dreadful day....since meeting my consultants i have put on 2.5stone...they think it is now affecting my breathing...at one point I was compared to an elephant...not nastilly but in the context of we are both vegan lol...i am so upset

Moaning :tired:

griff that's not a very nice thing to say :GroupHug:

Timmy was exhausted last night and slept for England. We went to bed at 8.15 and we were all out of it before 9 :tired: We had the best cuddle ever this morning - normally he has a quick cuddle and shuffles off, but we cuddled up in bed for ages and he kept putting his head up and looking at me, then snuggling in closer :wub: He's turned his nose up at Forthglade this morning but had some chicken and a bit of my muffin.

It's freezing here, at last. I'm going to wrap him up later and take him out for a little walk. Working from home this morning but off this afternoon.

Whispers *I think we've solved out internet problems* Shhhhh!

Aww Timmy :heart: I think that often when they are not doing well, having been kept in at the vets, just getting home to the familiar and love of their family can improve them so much. I don't know if you do this already Alex but when Archie isn't feeling well and goes off his food or just stops eating because he's The Archibald I find that pretending to eat what I am giving him spurs him on to try it. I make lots of nom nom noises and tell him "mmmmm, how good is this." One brand of food that he can't resist is Lily's Kitchen and you can get in Tesco although they don't keep a very wide range of flavours. Archie's favourite is Forger's Feast in the little trays (99p'ish) and Wild Campfire Stew (£2'ish) in the tins.

Griff so sorry you had a bit of a bad experience yesterday :GroupHug:

It's very frosty here and all is white. I love it!

Thanks Marion. I did try shoving my face in the bowl (vom) and nom-nomming but he was having none of it. He has, however, eaten some of the Arden Grange kibble, so I think it's just the Forthglade, which I only bought for the first time on Sunday to try (much cheaper in Costco than elsewhere). He likes the Arden Grange Partners tins so I will send off for some more of those, although I think Mr Fussy will be back to snarfing anything and everything again before then. He particularly likes salmon and I bought a side of hot-smoked salmon the Costco as well, plus two rotisserie chickens, all of which went into the freezer in portions, so he'll be having that in the meantime.

• Like 1

Lol bless Timmy...the boy knows what he wants doesn't he

Yantan...whispering quietly...what did you do??

They weren't being particularly mean to me and i do have a good laugh with 2 of them but was just a big pee'd off to realise how much weight i had put on, had a bit of a google last night and the drugs i am on...everyone complains of weight gain!!!! now why didn't they just say "the medication you are on makes you prone to weight gain and you need to be careful to stop too much gain" instead of telling a person who suffers chronic pain and can hardly walk to get some exercise

i loooooooved being on statins after my TIA's, was the best i had felt in years. all my dads family are on statins, they have hereditary high bad cholesterol, just make sure that you don't have grapefruit or anything with grapefruit in it at the same time of day as your statin...they don't mix well apparently

ahhhhhh, when i was having problems, they made me switch microfilters...wanted me to try a different modem...do people really have more than one of them? i don't Lol they were going to send out an engineer but when they said how much it was going to be i made my dad change the cable Lol...only right beings as he is a telephone engineer

We had 3 microfilters but are down to 2 now. That third one was meant to speed up the download for Sky box sets and catch up was the culprit. It worked really well for a while but then it didn't. LOL!

Archie has been out with the DW and his pals playing in the snow. I made sure he was wrapped up first though and he had his fleece inner attached to his waterproof coat so was nice and snug. DW said he had so much fun. She also said she'd been trying to think who he reminded her off in his posh new coat and then it came to her - Tom Cruise in Top Gun! But she said Archie was far and away better looking than Tom.

He's probably taller than Tom Cruise too :laugh:

Took the boys out for a short walk earlier. Timmy had his neoprene coat on to cover his shaved belly. He's had his tea (chicken mixed in with his kibble and boiling water to soften it) and he ate most of it. He's napping again now cos he's still not fully recovered.

• Like 1