UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

I spoke too soon yesterday when I said I was over the migraine. It hit again just before I went to bed and it was a doozy. At one point my head hurt so much that I couldn't even lie down or sit back so I ended up sitting on the edge of my bed for a couple of hours. I must have fallen asleep like that because I woke up in the early hours half on the bed & half off :rolleyes:

I was hoping that no word from Snow meant that they've taken in her in and are sorting her out.

Alex that sounds awful about your dry eyes.

Alicia you probably know this already but if you do go to Monkey World you can hire a scooter from them to get around.

Lasek treatment used to be used to treat recurrent corneal erosions Alex, but I had lasek and my eyes are super dry now, so I wouldn't recommend it. Do you put lacrilube in before bed? I put that in and it's brilliant at stopping your eyelid sticking to your eye.

Hope snow is ok :unsure:

Glad your dad apologised Griff :flowers:

Hope your migraine has bogged off Marion :GroupHug:

Just at the hospital at the moment seeing my dermatologist - haven't had any of my acne meds since 5th January as I ran out and there were no appointments to see her before today. I've completed my 16 week course, but am still a bit spotty, so I'm allowed to have some more :) Just waiting for the results of a pregnancy test (which will be negative), then I'm good to go.

Need to pop in and see Ted after I'm done here and check on his eye. Am hoping it's better, otherwise he'll need the vet :unsure:

the casserole I portioned up and filled the bottom of the freezer is still there, so the dogs can have them for a few days and free up a drawer

my friends checked im still going tonight, ive said yes. you people who go out all the time might not understand my problem, but its a problem!

Yantan, sorry the migraine returned....the swine!!!!

Jazz, have fun tonight, fully understand...i can't be bothered with the faff half the time

Gooster, if you are going to run out of the stuff again, ring the department up and tell them you will be however many days short and they should do a prescription...my mum has just had to do the same as they cancelled her dermatology appointment, she is on some different tablets, mega mega expensive again though Lol she has expensive needs that woman.

OMG, i am so sorry to hear that Jayne.... i hope his eye will be all right, will they put the antibiotic drop things in if the vet gives them do you think?

Wow, i am so lucky, my consultant takes my word for it Lol...mind they did say it would be very difficult if not impossible for me to conceive naturally with chemo.....i did have him laughing his head off when i said i wasn't stupid enough to have a baby anyway as i can't take care of myself and would it really be fair to inflict a mini me on the planet?? errrrr No Lol. Not sure if it would help in case it happens again but i have to have my blood tested regularly to continue with my treatment, the consultant gives me a stack of the forms with his bleeper number on it so when the bloods go in he gets bleeped and checks up on me (apparently) they can also do it with urine samples so your dermatologist could give you the form and bottle and then if you get caught out again you can do the sample, drop it off, they get the results and you can have the prescription until you can be seen

I messaged dad to tell him. Initially when his eye was red (10 days ago) I told them to get some drops and put them in for 4 days. Last Wednesday I spoke to the vets and they said to use it for a week and if there was no improvement, to take him in. Today dad admitted he had stopped the drops after 4 days as I told them initially (despite the fact that I had told them to use them for another week :rolleyes: For a supposedly clever man, he's bloody stupid at times). He said he had been bathing his eye every day, but obviously not thought to mention that it wasn't getting any better.

Jayne I use Hypromellose. I used to have some Viscotears before bed which was good, might have to get some more. Sorry to hear about Ted. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts :GroupHug:

Good news about Timmy - his bloods are back and his white cells and platelets are within the normal range :wub: He's still got to go back next week so he can have all his scans redone but I'm over the moon his bloods are normal :wub:

• Like 1

Hypromellose isn't the best - there are loads of better ones out there. I recommend viscotears for day and lacrilube at night for my patients :)

Seen by the vet, he was great, he gave Ted some local anaesthetic drops and scraped the top of the ulcer off with a cotton bud (to be fair, I could have done that). He said to continue with the chloramphenicol drops and gave me some other stuff to use. It was £25, so it had better be good stuff - need to have a look exactly what it is he's given me. I'm taking him back next week.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed that will sort his eye out ...must have been very uncomfortable, i think you are going to need to do what i do, write out an instruction guide for the dog Lol, when i go into hospital before i go anywhere first thing i have to do is write down who has what medicine and when and what amount of food each of them has, who has what colour harness and what collar, whose coat is whose ...it is a military operation getting me ready to go Lol

Hopefully it'll sort him out. I put his nappy on him (as he is a bit incontinent), he peed and pooped in the nappy whilst we were in the vets. My car stinks of pee now :unsure: I felt so sorry for him, he's gone downhill so much in the last 6 months. I can't see him still being with us in a year :(

Glad you had fun Jazz :)