UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

Fingers crossed for good news today.

Ted's bloods are back - his liver count is high. This could be because of liver damage or because his gut is inflamed. The treatment for both of them is the same - steroids. So I'm picking a 2 week supply of them up today as Walter and Jessie are at the vet this afternoon for their boosters. That should be fun (as the little buggers can be a nightmare to get in the cat box :laugh: )

Gooster, his gut could be inflamed due to being fed fish when he shouldn't be having it! might be worth getting the vet to point that out...good luck with getting the kitties in the box Lol deags is at the vet tonight for her immunotherapy too

Jayne my George had a high liver enzyme count (due to his meds) & I added milk thistle liquid to his food on the advice of his vet so you might want to consider that as long as it wouldn't adversely affect him if it is a gut problem. Sending positive thoughts for your little guy.

Poor Timmy, hope he gets home to mum soon.

Ruby & I have been to the funeral of an old friend this morning. She'd been flooded out for the 3rd time and just couldn't face going thro the recovery process again. She was taken into hospital on Dec 28th & died a couple of days later. Very sad.

Thanks Jayne.

I got my milk thistle from A. Vogel, it was under £8 delivered for a bottle that would last a couple of months or so. George at 44lbs got 5 drops a day.

Mind you it will 5 years this June since Gee went to the bridge so no doubt the price will have increased.

hahaha so you were the culprit then Yantan Lol. i wonder if clearing the cookies on your computer would help? can you view the board if you go through an incognito browser/private browser

back from the vets, deags was good, had a great time running round the vets room with her squeaky

Hoping merledogs is doing o.k and the boys have picked up a bit

Marion you're even more of a luddite than I am (if that's possible) :laugh:

Had a chat with vet this afternoon. Timmy has eaten some chicken at long last :wub: Tests are back. Still don't know for sure what it is but have ruled some things out. She wants to keep him in tonight but if he keeps eating then he can come home tomorrow and then we will have to go back in five days to redo his bloods. White blood cells are still low so need to get to the bottom of that (could be an infection, IBS or something more sinister) and his vitamin B12 is low so he has to have injections for the next 5 weeks. Lily had thyroid disease, ie overactive thyroid. She's got to have tablets twice a day and then we go back in three weeks to redo bloods just to check the dosage is right.

That is good news alex

dex cat was good with the tablets, we couldn't get the dose right, then we did the gel, that wasn't effective do i asked about removal and pointed out a lump that had come up over a couple of days where his thyroid...was only pea sized, vet got in there and apparently this lump was pushing into his artery and it would have ruptured if left!! Truth be told had he not had thyroid trouble i wouldn't have noticed so quickly

Edited by griff

I have been trying and failing to be able to sleep for over 3 hours now - so much fecking pain, I've now taken naprosyn, alverine and 60mg of codine and there has been absolutely NO lessening of the pain. I am seeing the GP this morning and I am going to tell her I simply cannot go on like this ffs thankfeck I'm not working today as theres no way I could go in.

Moaning :tired: Am going into work early this morning so I can finish early and hopefully pick Timmy up.

Traffic was horrendous yesterday - normally journey to work is about 20 minutes. Took me an hour to get there and even worse on the way back.

Hope you are feeling better snow.