UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

Had a call from the vet. Basically they don't know what's wrong with him and it could be a number of things so it's a case of ruling things out one by one. They are going to send some samples off to the lab today and also do another scan more slowly. They've done an x-ray and the only thing they can see is that his spleen looks slightly enlarged, but again that could be due to a number of factors. He's brighter this morning but he's not eating or drinking still. If he stays bright and they can get him to eat something then he may be able to come home later while we wait for the results of his blood tests. I asked about the potential bone marrow problem and they said it was too early to do a bone marrow biopsy then as he wanted to rule other things out first. So much for the YTS girl who examined him yesterday. I'm taking Lily to the vet at 4.20 so should be able to see him then.

Edited by merledogs

Awwww Alex, does Timmy like liver cake? or sardine cake? i have found that mine will do literally anything for it (as i don't make it that often) Maybe that might get him to at least eat something and liver is good for iron isn't it?? I hope you are going to say something about that dozy cow last night, trainee or not she shouldn't be giving out wrong information and lying about what she has done

Whenever Nog had tummy pain he wouldn't eat or drink we had to reallllly tempt him with stuff, even his faves used to be rejected so we had to get very creative. Is the vet giving him an antacid Alex? Nog had some stuff to line his tummy then we had pills to give an hour before we offered food.

Marion has just texted me, she is still piggy backing her neighbours wifi but that has now blocked her from the refuge, she is just getting the same message as before

Ooooooo Laurel and hardy, i fancied having a crack at beer and wine making...is it hard??

Its pretty easy really, easiest of all are the kits and can be nice tasting, especially if you buy some additional hops and add them in, next up is extract brewing, similar to kits but slightly more involved, after that its using all grains and steeping in hot water for an hour (63 degrees C to be exact) then boiling with hops, the most important bit is steralising everything to an OCD level or it wil spoil.

my friends dog has heart failure, shes saying goodbye today :unsure:

Aww so sorry to hear this its heartbreaking isnt it.

Had a call from the vet. Basically they don't know what's wrong with him and it could be a number of things so it's a case of ruling things out one by one. They are going to send some samples off to the lab today and also do another scan more slowly. They've done an x-ray and the only thing they can see is that his spleen looks slightly enlarged, but again that could be due to a number of factors. He's brighter this morning but he's not eating or drinking still. If he stays bright and they can get him to eat something then he may be able to come home later while we wait for the results of his blood tests. I asked about the potential bone marrow problem and they said it was too early to do a bone marrow biopsy then as he wanted to rule other things out first. So much for the YTS girl who examined him yesterday. I'm taking Lily to the vet at 4.20 so should be able to see him then.

big hugs for Timmy hope its something and nothing as they say. When Poppy went off her food I gave her cheese, tuna and chicken, all at the same time smooshed up, she loved it!

Not much to report, Cliffy update is I popped him in the bed last night, got in, he snuggled up to me then 10 minutes later decided he prefered in the bed rather than on it, and he snores !!

Lol Lauryl and Hardy, that remined me sooooo much of diez, the only dog i ever had sleep in my bed, when we moved to my flat and got a double bed, she had her own pillow...she would jump in, pop her head on her own pillow and wait to be covered up with the quilt. When laney came along she decided she didn't want to sleep in my bed anymore, kota would love to given the chance but she is a right fidget and i dare say deags would like to sleep in my bed...i worry about where i would sleep then...maybe in the dog crate??

Been and had my blood taken again, the lady commented on the state of my arm from friday.... she aske which arm i wanted so told her to use the same arm but got for the big vein..she did, no pain and no sign of a bruise yet

I took Lily to the vet (possibly overactive thyroid, blood taken and should have results tomorrow). I saw Timmy and sat with him in his cubby hole for twenty minutes or so. He still hasn't eaten (even roast chicken) and he's not drinking either (although is on a drip to keep him hydrated). He's had just about every test going - bill so far is over £1200. Thankfully he's insured. He did seem brighter in himself and we had a nice cuddle, but he's not himself at all. The way he looked at me when I left - I felt like I was abandoning him :( He's had two scans, x rays, blood tests and allsorts. Hopefully have some news tomorrow when the blood tests are back. Got home to find puke on the floor and Taffy is a bit subdued. He turned his nose up at his kibble until I mixed some Forthglade and hot water in, then he ate the lot. Three sick pets at once - can't cope with much more.

Oh Alex ((hugs)) i used to cry just leaving mine for the day with the vet...bless him he got so used to me sobbing like a baby...i know how bad it is when you turn your back and walk away but just you remember you are doing it because you love him and want to make him better. Ooooo Dex had an overactive thyroid, i had his removed as it got to be such a pain taking him for his bloods and we couldn't get his medication right....how is she with taking pills?? the reason i mention it is just before we had his thyroid removed we had dex on some gel stuff that you rub into their ear...opposite ear each time, if you struggle to give her pills then that is an option, we were offered the chance to send him away for radioactive treatment but i couldn't send him away for 3 weeks at his age. I really hope Taffy will be o.k, could they have eaten something bad? mind i don't suppose that would give the blood results that Timmy has would it?

Hoping for good news tomorrow Alex :GroupHug: I was quite glad in a way I didn't get to go and see any of mine when they were in hospital. Ted was down in Nantwich for over 3 weeks when he had his spinal tumour removed. Dad used to go down on his motorbike to see him and he said he looked so sad. Plus he had a catheter in and his back legs were paralysed. Dad didn't think he'd come home.

When Blue was over at Liverpool vet hospital, he was there for a week the first time and 10 days the second time. Both places were a bit far to go and see them regularly, so I took advice from the vet and didn't go over to see them as it would only upset me and them.