UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

I have a ceramic frying pan. Very easy to clean.

Went out with Wispa in new car. We both love it. Very smooth ride, and she can't see so much from the crate behind the back seat, so less barking at things. And when she does, it isn't right in my ear.

• Like 1

Lol Yantan you nutter!!! Nothing shuts mine up, been in crates covered, laid down on a bed, cuddled...no good, they were o.k in the old car but worse in this one...they'll never make it to the seaside lol. Dads looking at a range rover again now, told me the msport was going to be his last car...had it just about a year and it is getting changed again

Moaning :tired:

Taffy used to bark at anything and everything in the car, but especially motorbikes. Once I taught him a strong "LEAVE IT" command it worked in all sorts of situations, including in the car, worked with stopping him chasing livestock, cyclists, joggers and so many more situations to the point where I wondered why I hadn't thought of it before and he went from being reactive to being a dream to walk (he just ignores livestock, motorbikes, etc now). Highly recommend it.

Soooo fed up of the rain, it hasn't ruddy stopped for the past month.

Edited by merledogs

Merest whisper of the word snow on the news triggers Rob's "be prepared" mode - whilst 99/100 times its an over reaction both he and I have been caught out in the past so I was asked to add a few extra bits to this weeks shopping, long life milk, a loaf of bread for the freezer, pasta and rice, MRE's, tuna, corned beef, tins of beans & pasta, extra dog food, toilet rolls etc. None of which will go to waste even if it doesn't snow and will just mean a cheap shop the week he declares "stand down" lol

I was shocked to hear Bowie had died. I was never into his music and didn't care for his voice but there's no denying his influence on music & pop culture - he was a legend and by all accounts rather a nice man.

Spent ages on the phone with Sky yesterday trying to get the internet connection sorted. Finally got passed on from the first tier of support to the next and was told to try something really simple: hold the reset button on the router for 15 seconds. Yay we got the connection back. HOWEVER, having said thank you and bye bye to the support person, when Ruby disconnected everything to put the front cover back on the telephone junction box and move the furniture back when it got reconnected - nothing, nada, bugger all. We're back to no internet :banghead:

I might take the router round to the neighbour who is letting us piggyback off her internet and see if it works there. At least then I discount that as being the problem if it does work.

Forgot to say! I hope Timmy recovers soon Alex.

Edited by Yantan

Hope Timmy feels better soon..poor little sausage

Yantan, now everything is back where it ought to be have you tried pressing and holding the reset button again?? just wondering if something got wiggled and it sort of lost the connection during moving it all...hope you get it sorted.

i am off tot he Dr today, can't lift my arm again, have had it before but i have had no sleep and it is doing my head in, can't hold a cup properly either...that means no training as my dr always runs late and to be honest i can't hold the lead anyway Lol

Just had a message from mum about Ted, she has taken him to the vet and he needs blood tests and his poo analysing. So she has asked me to pay half the excess on his insurance.

I might have let rip a bit. I told her that I recall the vet telling her not to feed him fish any more and that his health is more important than the feelings of the pet shop owner. I also told her that I was really upset about how dad spoke to me with his dash cam and that he was rude and ungrateful. Am pretty stressed at the moment - my accountant did my tax return last night. I usually have to pay £2500 in January and July. This year she calculated I have to pay £7000 in January and £4000 in July :mecry: I was not expecting the bill to be so huge as I haven't worked that many more days in the 14/15 tax year to justify such a whopping increase in my tax bill :unsure:

it does sound like you may need to clear the air, and if that doesnt work then the only choice may be to let rip, either way they should be left in no doubt what they are doing is wrong, can you call up the vet and tell them what diet he is on. anyways a big :GroupHug: for you

:GroupHug: for Timmy too.

Nothing to report here that I can think of, Cliffy is doing well and hogging most of the bed at night.

Oh I made some beer yesterday so have that on the go, fingers crossed its ready in about 6 weeks or so.

Thats all - carry on ! :D