UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Jawtastic Jottings

Yantan

Marion has just texted me, she is still piggy backing her neighbours wifi but that has now blocked her from the refuge, she is just getting the same message as before

Ooooooo Laurel and hardy, i fancied having a crack at beer and wine making...is it hard??

Arrgghhhh bloody internet!!!!

It has taken ages for this page to load but at least I am on!

Yes Griff we've done the resetting bit loads of times without any luck. I think it MAY be down to a problem with either one of the microfilters or with the phone outlet box (or whatever it's called)

My neighbour has a bog standard internet connection - I timed it before and it's mega slow. Ours is fibre optic so we have got used to pages loading fast and connections happening within a second or two. Also we are having to pick up her signal and it's not a terribly strong one. It's really playing up today. I am going to switch off here and call it a day.

Oh before I go - Griff I used to make beer, well lager, and it's very, very easy. I don't think I have any of the kit left though as I would have sent it to you. I had crates of beer bottles and a crown corker to put the lids on them plus a brewing barrel etc.. I used to just buy a lager making kit from Boots and add sugar - I seem to remember the more sugar you add the more alcoholic it becomes. I used to make a really nice lager that was popular with all my friends and family.

At the vet with Timmy. We did have an appointment for tomorrow morning but he was so poorly I didnt want to wait. Am at the vets now. They are doing a couple of blood tests to check his livet and kidneys and also a scan to see if there is anything in his tummy. Please please dont let it be a tumour or anything serious :(

Oh God Alex, i really really hope Timmy will be o.k ((hugs)) will check back a little later to see how things are

Happy Gotcha day Jerry Lee

Yayayayayayyyyyy Yantan, hope it is a microfilter, and thanks for the info on the beer making i may just have a bash Lol...i don't need to cook it or anything do i? that's wine isn't it that you heat up

editted to add seen the dr, having more blood tests tomorrow and i have to get my consultants to take a look at me thursday unless something obvious shows in the bloods tomorrow, she will call me if that is the case

Edited by griff

I've had to leave him at the vets. Blood tests showed that his kidneys and liver are fine, but he has low platelets and low white blood cells so his immune system is buggered, which indicates a problem with his bone marrow - could be an infection or could be cancer :mecry: Didn't really have an awful lot of confidence in the vet though, she seemed to either be a student or newly qualified. Another vet rang me on the way home and said he was going to do another scan now and then ring me. He said he rang me to ask permission to shave Timmy's tummy for the scan, which seemed odd, especially since the first vet said she'd done a scan. I hated leaving him because he's never been at the vets overnight before :( Back there tomorrow with Lily as well, got a feeling it's going to be her kidneys.

Edited by merledogs

Lots of positive thoughts for Timmy and Lily :GroupHug:

Just done my weekly climbing class. There is a bit on the climbing wall that is really difficult to do as it is an overhang. Last week I nearly managed it. This week I managed to climb to the top. Then couldn't get back down :laugh: :rolleyes: The instructor had to rescue me. Hopefully next week I'll be able to climb up and back down again without needing help :unsure:

I could have jumped down. But I'm a bit scared of heights and falling and breaking my leg and not being able to work :rolleyes: The instructor isn't my usual type, but that hasn't served me well so far in life. He seems like a nice guy, but I'm probably too old for him :rolleyes: