UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingly Danglys

merledogs

Very upset to learn that a dog in our local pointer walking group chased a rabbit through a fence on to the railway this morning and lost his life. Very nice GSP, we saw them only a couple of weeks ago when we showed some of the group round the reserve. He and his dad were together all the time, work and leisure. So sorry for the poor man.

That's so sad owl :(

Will your new sofa be here for Christmas Alex?

I'm thinking of buying a new TV - there's nothing wrong with mine, but I have seen the picture quality on the ultra 4K hd ones and have fallen in love :laugh: My uncle has said he wants to buy my old tv off me if I am getting a new one (he still has the old fashioned huge tv style and his wife wants a better one!). Am so tempted :rolleyes:

I've just bought a new Ultra HD 4K Samsung telly for my bedroom Jayne and I love it :wub: I would definitely say go for it, but wait until a bit closer to Christmas when Currys and the like usually start their sales (got mine in the Black Friday sale).

My sofa will indeed be here for Christmas as I bought it off the Laura Ashley outlet on eBay at 70% off the retail price just cos it's got a few little scuffs on it which aren't anywhere prominent. Have got some quotes off couriers so will sort that tomorrow. It's this one:

300068-100625.jpg

Well that's my Christmas presents to myself taken care of, although I have gone a bit bonkers this year :rolleyes: I do need a new sofa in any case and it's the first 'new' one I've bought in 12 years (the others have been second hand off eBay). The one I've got now only cost me £150 a few years ago.

I'm here & all is well. Other people's misfortune was our saving grace as once the flood defences were breached the water had somewhere to go. Of course that meant for some that their houses were flooded but for us it meant that the water receded from our front door.

My old house here in Keswick featured large on the national news as someone stood close to it to shoot video of the raging river - the house stands right on the riverside. We were saying how glad we were to have moved from there as this is twice its been flooded since I sold it.

The lovely little footbridge just up from that house, that's been there for years and years, has been swept away. I spent many a happy hour climbing down from it to dangle over the river before letting go to get a refreshing soaking during many summers when I was a kid.

After the floods of 2009 2-and-a-half million pounds were spent just in and around Keswick to renew, replace and bolster the flood defences and they've failed today. It took years for some flood damaged houses to be dried out and renovated then and now many of them are once again flooded. I can only imagine how the owners must feel.

So sorry Owl to hear about the poor dog.

Love the sofa Alex. Very bargainous too!

Thank god you are o.k Yantan

Nice sofa merledogs

Owl, sorry to hear about the dog

Jazz, hope basil and Ralph decide to be buddies

Go on Booster, treat yourself... Just think you will be helping your aunty and uncle too

Feeling very rough today, mum and dad have looked after the pups for me, hope I feel better tomorrow, don't know what's up with me but I can't shake whatever it is

Joining you in the rough club Griff - my apologies for being very quiet at the moment but its been an awful 10 days or so and not getting any flipping better have managed to avoid a&e which Robs been threatening me with more than once and instead took myself off to the GP Friday after the pain became unbearable and nothing I took or did made any difference to it. Have had an emergency gyne referral but that can still take several months to come through apparently and had a load of blood tests for anemia and kidney function etc. plus came home with 5 different boxes of pain killers (thank goodness for free prescriptions in Wales). Had hoped that if this was a gyne issue as she suspects then it would have gone away for a couple of weeks before starting again however the pain has not only not gone away or subsided but instead has gotten even worse, have given in and taken a muscle relaxant, the naprosyn and then the codine and finally the pain has subsided to bearable (but still there). Luckily I'm not in work until Wednesday because I couldn't even think about working at the moment and the codine has made me very muzzy headed and sleepy plus I do NOT want to be taking it every day, so if this continues I'm going to have to go back to the GP and try and figure out just what on earth is going on.

Snow, if the pain continues and it is very bad go to a&e, they will hopefully get on top of things quickly and will get a gynae Dr up to see you...no need to wait for the referral then, also if you could afford it, go private for your first appointment and then flip back to NHS...you get seen quickly and everyone moves further up the list, that's what I have to do for scans and seeing new consultants if the wit is too long