UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingly Danglys

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

I don't do Christmas decorations either. No point, just me and the animals here.

WFHing today then going to watch City play Borussia Monchengladbach in the Champions League tonight. Expecting disappointment the way we've been playing recently. Just hope it doesn't rain (fat chance).

Edited by merledogs

I love Christmas and normally have a few deccies up and lots of lights out in the garden but this year I have very little Christmas spirit and Ruby is off the bah-humbug brigade so there's no interest from her. Coupled with the awful flooding with some townspeople having had their Christmas ruined it sort of doesn't seem right or respectful to go bonkers with the decs. So yesterday I put the tree up and that'll be it.

It was heartbreaking to see all the houses that got flooded last time once again have their contents piled outside in soggy heaps as we came past on our walk yesterday. My dad's house got flooded but it's empty and awaiting renovation anyway so it hasn't added that much to the major job ahead.

There were quite a few sheep that had drowned still caught up in fences and trees. Farmers did get time to move stock but the floods went further than last time and fields they thought would be safe weren't :(

Did your tesco man manage to get through Yantan?

Hi ya Jazz

new microwave is here...mum is not going to be happy, bigger than the last one...whoops!!!! it was a good deal though, argos wanted 89quid and i got it for 65 including delivery, hopefully she will get used to it...she has given me the money back so if she really hates it i will have to pay her back and give it away

Those poor sheeps :(

I'm ready to go out apart from getting dressed. My colleague has just bought a house up the road but not moved in yet. He's going to drop stuff off there and pick me up on his way back (it's literally on his way as he goes past the end of my street) then off to catch the tram.

I've got all set up and made a start but am packing in coz it's tea time! I think I am going to make myself a bacon and egg tea as I am on me todd.

Evie and her mummy are coming here late tomorrow afternoon and we are having a chippy tea. I am eating very unhealthy this week but I don't eat teas like this very often.

We are getting disaster tourists here now coming specifically to photograph the misery. The last thing people who have had their homes devastated need is bloody people gawking at them and taking photographs of their sodden possessions. I was told by a friend who is helping relatives at their flooded house that a couple stood outside taking a selfie with the house and all the household furniture sitting outside in the background and spent several minutes making sure they got all the crap in. In the end she went out and told them to bugger off. It doesn't help when the town major goes on the national news and encourages people to keep visiting. Do you think the fact that he runs a guest house has anything to do with that? No surely not!

edited for missing wurd.

Edited by Yantan

Have a good night Alex...how lovely you have a colleague close by...provided he is one of the nice ones Lol

Yantan, you spoil yourself girl...nearly christmas and life is too short to be good all the time!! if someone was doing that outside my house i would drop my kecks and show em my a*se!!! society is bl**dy sick now, no respect for anyones feelings

Mum was o.k about the microwave...phew!!!! cooks a lot quicker, jacket potato in 9 minutes and to be honest they may have been a tad overdone, i just pushed the button that said jacket potato and hit it twice as there was 2 of them...not sure that was right...might have a read of the instructions Lol

I loathe disaster tourists. Scum of the earth. If folk can't make themselves useful they should buzz off out of the way.

I am now addicted to Outback Truckers as well as Ice Road. Even though I spent a lot of the day behind the wheel myself. I am a sad person! If ever I get hooked on Deadliest Catch as well, please can some kind grown-up come and take the TV away.

Went to Quorn in Leics to track a lab, but searchers found him in a hole before I got there. He is fine, and we had a walk on Beacon Hill, a great country park.