UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingly Danglys

merledogs

I've been feeling a bit weird the past few days (weirder than normal, that is!) Queasy, and very light headed and muddled, just can't seem to think straight. Probably my age..or the pills are getting to me. I've a feeling some of them clash with some of the others. I'm about ready to give up on the dog search to be honest, we've applied to several rescues to foster, but as soon as I fill in a form and give my age, I never hear another word. OH says sod em all, we'll get a pup off Gumtree!

Glad you found your kindle Marion :) I remember years ago I went to a horse show, paid my entries and put my bag back in the car. Went to buy a sandwich later and my purse wasn't there. I looked everywhere, couldn't find it, the people parked next to us were a bit dodgy looking, so I assumed they'd nicked my purse. I cancelled all my cards, borrowed money for food and was pissed off all day. When I got home, I went to get my house keys out of my bag. Guess what was in my house key pocket??!! Yep, my purse :rolleyes: I had searched everywhere in my bag. Except that pocket as I only ever put my house keys in it. I had to hide that purse and never use it again - even to this day, nobody (except you guys now) knows that my purse wasn't nicked and I was just an idiot :laugh:

Am sure the right dog will come along Suzeanna :flowers:

Am convinced my body is still in the wrong time zone. I feel shattered all day, tell myself am getting an early night, but when it gets to bedtime, I'm wide awake :rolleyes:

Moaning :tired:

Pleased you have found your kindle Marion :flowers:

suzeanna I hope you feel better soon :GroupHug: Have you tried your local pound? Some of them don't bother with homechecks or ask any questions? Having said that you have no idea of the dog's history. Alternatively, might be worth having a chat with Michelle at the Oldies Club to see if she knows of anything suitable?

I'm just about to put my shopping order in for deliver Christmas week. If I leave it then I might not get a delivery slot.

Edited by merledogs

Such heavy and persistant rain! Our soakaway rainwater drainage system is .... well...soaked... & cannot cope. Water is backed up from the downpipe at the corner of the house and is lapping at the front door.

No wonder I have totally zilch Christmas spirit! This will not do. I normally lurve Chrissy time.

Oh no Marion, I hope it subsides soon :GroupHug:

Horrid here too, miserable, wet windy and I hate it.

I appear to have bought myself a new sofa after spending the past month trying to find one I like for a price I like. Ended up buying a corner sofa, just so that the dogs would have plenty of space to spread out :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hope it sorts out Marion :flowers:

Will your new sofa be here for Christmas Alex?

I'm thinking of buying a new TV - there's nothing wrong with mine, but I have seen the picture quality on the ultra 4K hd ones and have fallen in love :laugh: My uncle has said he wants to buy my old tv off me if I am getting a new one (he still has the old fashioned huge tv style and his wife wants a better one!). Am so tempted :rolleyes:

We have to keep going out to bail water from the front door but are fighting a loosing battle. The town is now cut off with all roads in and out being closed.

We can manage as long as the power stays on!

It pisses me off greatly that despite the rain that runs into their gutters then flows along to ours and then down our downpipe nobody from either household has come out to offer to help us bail :banghead: Plus next door's obviously has a blockage and the rain is tipping over and landing right at our front door which just adds to the problem. Feckin people. Honestly.

Scary, Yantan. Very much hoping it doesn't get into your house. I have just heard the Cumbria weather forecast. Stay safe xx

Just very strong wind here. I am reluctant either to drive or walk in it. Wispa wanted to go out somewhere but 10 mins in the back garden convinced her of the merits of a sofa day. And our back garden is in the lee of the house. It's well over 60 mph on the windward side.

We are both getting a bit too soft lol. Or maybe a bit less stupid.

I've been listening to the weather reports and traffic bulletins with mounting alarm for you Marion, it seems your area is being very hard hit! I wouldn't wait for the neighbours to come and help, I'd go bang on their doors and demand that they do. Hope you don't end up flooded, happened to us once and it's horrible.