UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingly Danglys

merledogs

Can't your solicitor chase things up Owl? When we moved up here things slowed down badly, until our solicitor gave theirs a rocket and got it all moving double quick!

Glad the footie went well Alex. Yes she does look lovely but she's all the things we didn't want...a bitch, dark brindle and probably a bull lurcher. Still..my dream men have always been dark haired and both my OH and my ex are blue eyed blondes, so it doesn't always follow!

I have never bothered about the colour of my dogs, my first 2were brindle, i got Kota as she was black and if i had got another brindle people would have said i replaced diez....i got that anyway!!! And deags...well she is white...moults like mad lol

More news from my helpful estate agent. My solicitor has been great at chasing things up, but the problem has been with the first buyer's mortgage provider, which was a bank. You can't hurry banks. They won't talk to solicitors or agents. What has happened now is that first buyer has changed to a more helpful mortgage provider which should speed things up. But conveyancing solicitors only work with a certain panel of mortgage providers, and the new one is not on the solicitor's panel so the borrower had to find another solicitor.

New mortgage lender and new solicitor are moving thing pdq and reckon we might just complete before the hols. But my estate agent thinks they are too optimistic and reckons early Jan.

Furniture arrived in time for me to get to the wardens' meeting.

Suzeanna , I wanted a middle aged , golden retriever bitch.

I got a 12 week old black retriever/collie cross and a male to boot.

I have had two bitches together with no problems. I think it does depend on the temperament of the bitches. My older bitch was the boss. She was like a nanny to the others, quietly keeping them in check.

The younger was happy to go along with her. As she got older the dynamics changed and the younger gradually took over some of her roles. When she died there was a short tussle for position between the younger bitch and my dog who was younger again but nothing untoward.

I have also had two dogs together with no problems.

Currently I have a dog and a bitch who are evenly matched and have their own system.

e.g Murphy always jumps into the car first . If Cleo gets there first she stands aside and waits for him to jump in, then follows.

But Cleo always comes out first and Murphy hangs back to let her out first.

Moaning :tired:

I had one bitch and four dogs. Milly wouldn't tolerate another bitch in the house. We got a german shepherd bitch at one point - ickle Milly kept attacking her and one day she retaliated and Milly got thrown on the gas fire, so we had to rehome her. Sad because she was lovely but Milly and her were both happy afterwards.

Owl when I sold one house the buyer wanted to complete ASAP. There was no chain and no mortgage so I know that made a difference but from the day my house went on sale to the day of completion was just 5 weeks. The buyer instructed his solicitors to get on with things PDQ and I did the same with mine and it all worked.

Had a lovely visit from Evie and her mummy yesterday. She has shot up! She was shy with me at first but by the time they came to leave leave she didn't want to go. She's such a little lady, so girly. I love it!

• Like 1

I have no complaints against my agent or solicitors. They are very quick and efficient. When the first buyer's solicitor was dawdling, the senior partner at mine went round in person to get them moving. There is nothing I can do to speed things up, and now there are more efficient professionals handling the start of the chain it should work out OK.

I have heard many cases of house sales going through very fast, and an equal number of cases which took longer than mine and sometimes fell through because of inefficient mortgage providers.

Yantan, one of my fellow wardens at the meeting last night had just returned from helping in Cumbria. He is a drainage engineer who helps to maintain our wetlands.

I am sure you will get a move date soon then Owl...hopefully with people all co-operating things will be easier

Yantan, sounds like you had a lovely time with Evie

Jazz, i hope you friend gets sorted soon

tried to sort out my prescriptions this morning....what a palaver, they can only dispense gastro protectant steroids in the ose the dr prescribed...they don't suit me so have been trying to get a different dose sorted out, booked to see the nurse and was told monday 16th.... monday is the 14th so will have to check which day i am actually booked in for. Written my crimbo cards...well some, got quite expensive now as my mate has 4 kids and all have to have money put in them...haven't done a card for anyone here as i forgot to ask for your addresses so happy christmas to you all from me and mine!

now need to try and move and do some more tidying up, not leaving it to the last minute this year as it is too much of a rush for me getting sorted for my brother coming, my plan is to do a bit a day and it will be done in time for christmas then

I am not going too send many cards this year. Most folk I know have stopped and chosen to give donations to charity instead. I will just send cards to the friends that live in different parts of the country and with whom I swap an annual Christmas catch-up.

I forgot that the buying process for my present house was AWFUL. What a long drawn out affair it turned out to be and we weren't really in a chain. We were buying this from a chap (horrible, nasty man) who had it as a second home and we were selling our house to our next door neighbours so they could have a "his" and "hers". It was the seller here that held everything up and we ended up having to give him an ultimatum or we would have pulled out. Even his own solicitor commented to ours that he was "difficult". We had our offer accepted early in May and we didn't exchange until nearly the end of November and because there was work to be done here we couldn't move in right away. We ended up renting our old house back off the new owners, our old neighbours! Good job we'd got to know them well and they were more than sympathetic to our situation. We got in for Christmas but were in the biggest mess.

Griff I hope you get sorted. Nothing is ever straight forward is it? I'm sorry you are getting messed about again.

i only ever move to rented places so never had to deal with estate agents mortgages etc...thank god by the sounds of it Lol

it is not so much being messed about really as someone not used to their job yet ..i think and my gp probably thought she was helping giving me the 2.5 steroids but it just made me ill Lol, i don't mind snapping the 5mg in half but the chemist has been giving me unbreakable tablets so now i need to buy a pill splitter off them

more tidying up done, been through my collars harness' and leads, sorted a load out for rescue and if they are no good for their dogs they will pass them on to the pound dogs....took diez and laneys harness' out but i am not giving those away, doesn't feel right, i did give all their coats to the pound dogs to keep them warm and dry but would like to find someone to make a nice wooden box to put their harness' in to keep them safe