UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingly Danglys

merledogs

Well I've had an early "pressie" and possibly an explanation for why I've been in so much pain the past week .... *sigh* oh well I've also got some superydoopery pills that allegedly make it feck right off if needed ... flipping heck I'm going to rattle with all these ruddy pills lol hopefully the pain might decide to feck orf for a bit as well *fingers crossed*

Turkey is all cooked, ham is roasting in the oven, mil & Sal due to arrive imminently.

Marion - I've got neoprene coats/vests for my lot. They are brilliant because they keep them toasty warm and it doesn't matter if they get wet. They are also good because they wrap around and (zip up the back) so keep their tummies underneath clean. Don't restrict movement either. When they get too dirty I shove them in the washing machine. You can get them on eBay or Amazon or Country Mun. I got mine from Robinsons but they don't appear to do them any more. The ones I've got are plain black like this one. Edit : some of the ones on eBay/Amazon appear to be fleece lined, so probably not as waterproof as the ones without lining.

Edited by merledogs

Any feelings I may have had of goodwill to all men are definitely not extended to my crappy neighbour! Philip bought some planking over the weekend, and measured, painted and attached them to the supports of the fence (which are a good deal higher than the fence itself) to raise it to the required 6ft the rescues ask for. Neighbour appeared on the doorstep this morning and demanded we take it down, he doesn't like it, it's his fence and his supports and get if off. Philip was out walking Rosie, when he came home and I repeated the order, he went ballistic! I've seen him irritated and mildly annoyed but I've never seen him full on furious, and I didn't know he knew the language he came out with. He calmed down eventually, and is now planning a fence inside the fence, with supports definitely on our land and 2 metres high. I think he was joking about the gun turrets. Then again....

I hope all the rain some of you are getting isn't going to pose problems.

Alex thanks for the link - that might be the very thing for him :)

Thank you too Owl, I will take a look at your suggestions too :)

Suzeanna good idea to put your own fence in beside the neighbours. Nowt he can do about that. I think you might need planning permission for gun turrets though! LOL!

I was out trimming our front hedging yesterday when I discovered the neighbour next to our bay tree had trimmed it back - she's perfectly entitled to trim back anything overhanging her property - but she's leaned right over our fence and trimmed major branches back by more than a foot inside our property AND she's made a piss poor job of it. We've also lost some of our privacy as a result. So come the new year we are going to have a bloody big 6ft fence built on that side and she can look at that instead right next to her front door. It might stop her and her feckin lodgers throwing their cigarette ends over as they come & go. Oh and also I went round regularly and trimmed the bay so it wouldn't annoy so it can't have been overhanging by much.

Just wait till the growing season starts, her garden is at the back and half of it grows over into our back yard. I shall be out there with shears regularly and her feckin apple tree will be missing half its limbs if she's not careful. Oh and what lovely colour shall I paint the new fence we put up beside her front door to make her smile (or grimace!) every time she goes in or out?

I normally let this sort of stuff go but she's been grinding my gears for a while now

Paint it that really hideous orange on her side Yantan and she has actually broken the law there...yes she can cut the tree back if it overhangs but unless she has agreed it with you she is supposed to put the trimmed branches back on your property as otherwise it is theft....pretty sure I am right about that but google will let you know....also, although the fence panels can be no higher than 6foot you can build a bank of soil so you have a raised border...just souil nothing else, our fence one side is about 8ft high ad we raised the border with mud by 2ft lol..again check with google

Edited by griff

Peace reigns here this evening, after almost 2 years we have Baddie and Sal in the same room at the same time, off lead and unmuzzled :cheer: we still have the babygate up and we will split them up when theres food around but at least we can have them in the same room at the same time now :thumbsup_still:

• Like 1

Moaning and merry christmas :santa:

The boys and I shall have a nice cooked breakfast (but not too much or I'll be too full for my lunch later). We're having duck with all the trimmings - can't beat a duck roast with lashings of proper gravy, so tasty. Even better cos it was half price in Asda, so only a fiver.

Hope everyone has a lovely day. Just me and the boys here, chilling, stuffing our faces and watching christmas specials on telly.

• Like 1