UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingly Danglys

merledogs

Hope all poorly peeps are feeling better soon :flowers:

That is a lovely pic Sam :flowers:

I make my own curry now - it's a slimming world one (not that I do slimming world), but it's really nice :)

Had a busy few days - I was out on a Christmas do with the girls from the gym on Friday, and out again last night with the guys from Stretford. The Stretford one was a last minute thing, although I had bought two dresses for the gym night out, so I wore one for the gym night and the other for the Stretford night. Spent both evenings on the dance floor. My shoes killed me on Friday though, so I was dancing without shoes on. I think I might have got a tiny bit of glass in my foot though, so might have to get that looked at :unsure:

I might nip to the walk in centre tomorrow - hope it's not too busy.

The curry is so easy to make, I just chop a pepper, onion and 3 large chicken breasts.

I fry the chicken to seal it, add the pepper and onion, some garlic paste, a carton of passata, 3 tsp of medium curry powder and some chicken stock. Leave it to simmer for about half an hour and then it's done. I usually garnish with some fresh coriander and serve with basmati rice. It's so nice! :)

Oh hell Alex, know how you feel. The very first 3 piece suite I bought from new - and which I did sit on in the shop - turned out to be the most uncomfortable thing I have ever known. Had to put up with it for several years but found carefully placed cushions did help a bit and with my v shaped pillow off the bed I could get quite snuggly.

That curry recipe sounds nice Gooster - and simple!

It's raining here - I know it's unusual for us isn't it. I am so sick of it. I'm so glad we had that week in NYC where the weather, although unseasonal warm, was at least dry with beautiful blue skies.

Yes Suzeanna, it is the escaped foster. He was taken straight to vet, came home with painkiller and is back in today for examination of injured leg under sedation. Photo of him with relieved foster mum is on my Facebook page.

Had a call from my estate agent. My buyer's house is back on the market as their buyer's mortgage fell through. Ho hum and fiddle dee dee. I suspect my vendor will now put the house I want to buy back on the market, but I doubt if there will be a mad rush as there wasn't before. Not everyone wants to live next to the cemetery.

I am viewing my buyer's house at 5 pm to see if a swap sale would be possible. It looks really nice but may not be quite right for me.

Hope you get something sorted Owl :flowers:

Hope the sofa gets more comfortable Alex :flowers:

Well, I went to the walk in centre to get my foot looked at. They sent me to A&E :unsure: just had an x Ray, there is some glass in there, it's really tiny, so they are going to have to dig it out. As Sam has found out, am not good in these kinds of situations :laugh:

All sorted - the doctor tried to squeeze it out with and grab it with forceps. It was so painful. So he got his nurse practitioner and some gas and air :biggrin: Never had gas and air before. That was an experience - felt like I was on another planet :laugh: it's gone now - just thought I'd nip to the dermatology department to chase up my next appointment (I run of my drugs next week and haven't got my next appointment). Am kinda hoping that they say they will see me today - get it out of the way :)

Owl, i hope things get sorted out soon...you have been messed about enough already

Merledogs, so sorry the sofa is uncomfortable...maybe it will give with time??

Gooster, fantastic you went and got your foot seen too, that could have made for an uncomfortable christmas...hoping dermatology saw you today

Hi, Yantan, Suzeanna and Jazz

Mum and dad are heading back from Blackpool, just waiting on a text to tell me to put the kettle on