UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December's Dingly Danglys

merledogs

Very glad they got the glass out, Jayne.

Have just viewed buyers' house. Too small for us but already there is a lot of interest even though it has only been back on market for a day. It is a very des res as a starter home. Last time it sold in 2 weeks.

My vendor is putting his back on market after hols but I will be informed of any offers. There was hardly any interest last time. It is just right for us but I can see why a lot of people wouldn't want it. A back garden which consists of a long narrow strip of grass with 30+ leylandii on the south side and a modern cemetery at the far end would not be to everyone's taste.

Aw hell. We have more flooding in the town :( Our DW tried to get round the back of the old pencil mill to take her car to be valeted and the river had topped the wall at the back. The valeting place was evacuating their premises as were the other units there and the fire brigade were trying their best to pump the water away but were fighting a losing battle by all accounts.

Someone please turn the rain off now. We've had enough.

I've ordered curry from a new place I've not tried before. Hope it's nice - so hard to find a decent curry house these days where the curry doesn't look like baby food.

Hi all :wave4:

Merle Have you tried Namaste in Didsbury, its diagionally oppoiste the Metropolitan, place looks a bit rundown (well it did the last time I was there a couple years back) but excellent food as its Nepalese, as is the Gurkha a few doors down (same people own both).

Umm not a lot to report, bah humbug to Christmas, and Cliffy is just fine.

Oh I got my AC/DC ticket for the Ethihad in June of next year, the band is like a bus I waited 20 years to see them now seeing them twice in 11 months :thumbsup_anim:

Evening. Thought I was going to have a calm time this week putting together a tender. However, suddenly I've got two contracts to get signed off before Christmas, that includes negotiating any amendment :rolleyes: Been a bit hectic today.

Nige - I know of a couple of decent ones not too far from me, but they are too far away to deliver. There's one on the high street but I can't be faffed to drive to it. Might next time though, the last one I had was awful.

Bit more news of the escaped foster dog which was caught on Sunday. He spent most of yesterday in vets for Xrays etc. No fractures but two very deep wounds which should be OK with ABs and rest. He lost 4 kilos during his 8 days on the run, but is eating very well so should get back up to weight.

Funny thing is, he gave himself up! Stuck his head out of the bushes a yard away from foster mum and was quite happy to be caught.

• Like 1

Lol, he obviously decided life on the run wasn't all it cracked up to be, sure he'll put the weight back on no bother...especially with Christmas

hope you get everything done Merledogs...and with no more complications

Lauryl n hardy..i'm with you....bah humbug

Diesels anniversary tomorrow, would give anything to have her back and laney

Christmas this year is going to be a bit different for us. It's the first one since we lost Charlie - he always loved christmas. He used to love unwrapping presents (his own and ones that weren't his :wub: ), so Christmas morning will be a slightly quieter affair. Also my brother has got his own house now, so he's spending Christmas morning at his house with his fiancé for the first time. So it'll just be me, mum and dad for Christmas morning. I might spend Christmas Eve night at mine, go up to the farm on Christmas morning, throw blue out in the field, do his jobs, so then I just have to go back and bring him in later on.

Just done all my wrapping, glad that's out of the way. I hate wrapping and am hopeless at it :laugh: