UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jesting Jollies

Jazz

TMI warning for Laurel n Hardy.

I had the sam experience but was given tablets to combat it. I don't know what they were - too long ago- but everything stopped abruptly at 45 years old.

I was fine for ten years and it all started again, but worse. I could sit on the loo for half an hour at time while it flowed, clots and all. Standing up from sitting was a nightmare as it had all backed up and gushed out. It also cost a fortune for supplies.

I was referrd to the gynae consultant who offered a hysterectomy or medication. I chose medication but none worked. A year later , it was a last chance before operating. The tablet I was given was supposed to stop the clots forming to ease the flow but one month on it all stopped again.

Fast forward 10 years and it started again. This time I opted for surgery as I couldn't face all that again.

It was the best decision I made. A new consultant had just arrived at the local hospital and he favoured removing the womb vaginally. He actually met me in the lift down the operating theatre to ask if I would like that option. I chose to do that with the proviso that if my ovaries looked dodgy he would do an abdominal op as they can't remove the ovaries vaginally.

Fortunately, all was okay and it was an easy experience. Just had to remember that I had had a large op as I felt fine within 24 hours.

I am back from my first day at Dogstar. After rather embarrassingly passing out and landing on poor Sam :unsure: :laugh: , I managed to survive the rest of the day without passing out :biggrin: Have spent the day shaving dogs tummies and testicles (which are surprisingly tricky to do) and actually managed to microchip a dog without passing out/making the poor dog bleed/waking the dog up :biggrin: Am back for more of the same tomorrow :)

It was fantastic to meet you and the vets and I agreed it was the best faint we have ever had at the clinic ! a 10 / 10 for style and sheer going down like a sack of spudness

Mark will see you in the morning

:laugh: When I passed out watching cataract surgery (when they stuck the probe in the eye to break the lens up), I made it out of theatre, then started to hit the deck. A passing nurse and her colleague caught me, manhandled me to the floor and then started shouting for help :laugh: I ended up in recovery with the patient whose eyes I had watched being done. As I say, I am usually fine with spays and neutering - did my work experience at a vets, dunno what hit me :laugh:

I've not had one for six months and last time it lasted over two weeks with no let up. Hoping it's over a lot quicker this time.

Have ordered chinese to cheer me up, especially since I've been really good food wise the last few days, despite wanting to demolish lots of chocolate. I didn't order any meat on my food shop this week. I've rediscovered lots of yummy foods that I haven't eaten for ages. Tomorrow morning I'm going to have fried eggs, mushrooms, beans, hash browns and tomatoes on toast, which I'm looking forward to. You don't always need bacon and sausages to have a good brekkie.

Edited by merledogs

I have to be in the mood for sausages, but bacon ill have any time. I don't often buy it though

I did the slowcooker yesterday. did it the same as normal, but didn't fancy it tonight, so they have a nice breakfast

Hi all, sort to have worried you! I haven't been on for a bit...maybe my mum clicked on as it will be in my history and I am as far as i am aware signed in all the time.

Sorry for not replying to messages from Suzeanna and Louise, i had no notification of messages so need to check if i have an outdated email registered here.

Thankyou Sam for texting to see if i was o.k, it was lovely of you.

I have been struggling a bit lately and in all honesty got a bit pee'd off with things, my medication is making me feel Yack and I am just a grumpy little s*d at the moment.

Once again apologies for worrying you all and not replying to messages.

best have a read and see what mischief you have got into!

• Like 3

Suzeanna and Gooster, so sorry to read of your losses, it doesn't matter what animal they are, small or large they leave a massive hole in your life

I am really sorry to hear of people suffering, Sam...i have suffered for 24 years with knee problems ( i have ehlers danlos syndrome)totally agree...if it feels better don't stop the exercises

Alex and other ladies women's "trouble" is horrific, since starting my new treatment my monthly's are worse, i am bleeding between too so I am being brave and i am booked in for a smear

Jazz, you have a new addition...congratulations

Owl, i hope you find a lovely home to suit you and wispa

Gooster, at least you landed on Sam and not the patient!!

Hi looby, Louise, black magic, laurel and hardy and brackenmc

i am just off to try and sort this email address out, oh i should also point out that i am not on Facebook so i am not being rude in not adding people...i just don't have an account

• Like 2

don't do that to us! slapped wrist!

no seriously, we do worry when people arnt on here. although I don't have much to say, ill tell you about paint drying for something to say lol

I care about each and everyone of you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Like 1