UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jesting Jollies

Jazz

give them a hug from me please xxx

he took me in the office this time, last time he would only see me in the hall lol he did have another worker in with us, for his protection

im getting most of my money back, hopefully

We have booked a week in Canada in September . We had a tour of the rockies - 2 planes, 2 trains, 2 automobiles and 2 ferries- in 2004 and have always wanted to go back and spend time in Vancover as we only had an overnight there last time.

Your 2004 trip sounded amazing , I am sure this trip will be equally awesome :) take loads of photos especially if you see Mounties ( bit of a Due South fan me ! )

Wow you lot have been busy in the 50 ish hours since I last had wifi :laugh:

Am at my final stop now for the holiday - having a great time and I finally get to meet Sam and Mark on Friday :biggrin:

Am staying in a gorgeous villa - total contrast to the treehouse of the last couple of nights :) I have wifi and aircon (first place to have air con across my whole holiday :) )

Aircon , I might move in with you then my shack on the beach ( thats how the agent discribed it ) does not have aircon , actually its not water or wind proof either so its cool its in own way when its windy !!!

Mark will collect you on Friday in the TukTuk and I will put you to work straight away shaving dogs bits !

Still no sign of Griff 😢

I am sun baking in a bikini....it's been a long time since I wore swimming attire...and although I need to loose weight the world hasn't stopped spinning...and the sun is still out! Must remember to shave my legs again though 😱

Snow are you about? Has Griff been here more recently do you know? I was wondering if perhaps a family member or friend had looked in but wasn't familiar with the workings of the forum to post on her behalf. Not that I mean to pry or disrespect Griff's privacy but we all know how unwell she gets and like others I'm just worried and concerned about her.

I really hope Griff is ok :unsure:

Mary - don't worry about having hairy legs - I decided to have mine waxed before I flew over here (they told me my legs would be smooth for about 4 weeks). They lied :laugh: :rolleyes: I didn't even bother to bring a razor with me because I was travelling light and wasn't sure what the showering would be like. Never mind, nobody has keeled over in shock at my hairiness yet (or been that close to notice!)

Beautiful day on the beach here in Negombo, before I start my duties shaving dogs bits tomorrow :laugh:

It is showing Griff as "active" since I last checked Marian ... within the past couple of days. Kelly if you are around perhaps you could just pm someone and let them know you are OK if you don't feel like posting.

I think I'd better duck after posting this ......... I have started my Xmas shopping :lmaosmiley:

• Like 1

Hmm...shame the person who mentioned Xmas is an admin, we can't get her to block herself!

If Kelly has been reading the posts, but for some reason is unwilling or unable to reply, at least she knows we are thinking about her and concerned for her wellbeing, better than having no one notice you haven't been around!

Our new little hamster Rossi is completely different temperament wise to Beau...he is a climber, Beau never was...doesn't like honey sticks, Beau could demolish two in no time at all...likes carrot whereas Beau didn't. He did have a thoughtful nibble of my thumb when I was giving him a treat last night, but it wasn't a nasty type of bite, more a "hmm, can I eat this? Maybe not!" sort of thing. I haven't tried picking him up yet, but I hope he'll be ok about it..just got to make sure Rosie isn't in the room, I think she regards hamsters as a light snack!

Ha ha ha Jayne!! I think it's cause I am so crap at realising...and then I rub sunscreen on legs and it's like sandpaper!!

I have wax strips and waxed my bikini line...but can rarely be bothered to wax my legs! It's too much of a faff and I am cackhanded...

Snow...indeed run and hide...but only after telling us what exciting things you have discovered!!

I can post about the Xmas plans here as none of my family are around lol as you know every year I try and do something a bit different and always try and get people something personal and/or creative from me. This year I came up with an idea which I mentioned to Rob and he thought about it and came up with a slight variation which improved on it big time. So this year everyone is getting a lucky bag, each will contain a selection of toys, sweets, jokes, puzzles, adult colouring in pages, coloured pencils or crayons, wind up or balsa wood planes, a match box super car etc. depending on if they are a boy or girl and then a "nice" pressie so for the ladies thats going to be jewellry for the boys a cd or book or whatever I find and go aha! to lol I'm also including a personal creative thingy from me as thats the tradition so this year they are all getting fridge magnets which will be printed up with photos personal for them, e.g. for my brother I've scanned in an old black & white photo of my dad in the 1960's wearing his police motorcycle gear alongside his police motorbike. I've got a graphic of the lucky bags so am just trying to figure out whether to get that printed onto a bag which will cost more or whether to go with plain coloured party bags and print out the picture and stick it onto the front of it. As with every year I am working to a very strict budget of around £10 per person so part of the fun for me is making this all come in on or under budget yet the bags be full to bursting with treats and surprises. The reason I can usually do this kind of thing on a strict budget is by starting early and looking out for special offers, grabbits, freebies, bulk buys, & home bargains lol and of course buying from China.

• Like 1