UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Random Mutterings

merledogs

Hope pup's itching is sorted soon Griff :GroupHug:

Decided to cycle to the gym today, just as I got into the car park, I got a bloody puncture :rolleyes: Bumped into Mr G who was just leaving and he said he'd go home and bring a new inner tube and a pump for me. Whilst I was in circuit training, the manager put the new inner tube in and pumped it up. Unfortunately the inner tube wasn't the right size, so the tyre was still soft. So one of the girls gave me a lift home and I left my bike there :) Going to have to go to Halfords tomorrow and get a few maintenance bits! Would have been stuck without my friends!

Had a look and Halfords do it, it is called "Slime tyre sealant" and it iis green, it will repair punctures upto 3mm and can prevent them too, might be worth putting that in the inner tube

thanks for thinking of Deags, she is still a bit itchy, i do recall this happening before but as we have quite a few beautiful foxes i worry about mange....not sure what the heck to use now. I don't flea them regularly anyway and they all get a wormer when i remember, i guess i will need a chat with the vet

Had a look and Halfords do it, it is called "Slime tyre sealant" and it iis green, it will repair punctures upto 3mm and can prevent them too, might be worth putting that in the inner tube

thanks for thinking of Deags, she is still a bit itchy, i do recall this happening before but as we have quite a few beautiful foxes i worry about mange....not sure what the heck to use now. I don't flea them regularly anyway and they all get a wormer when i remember, i guess i will need a chat with the vet

what flea treatment do you use ? Advocate is very good for mites / mange and we use it all the time here in Sri Lanka ( imported from Australia via the UK )

You can buy it online with out a prescription from Pet Megastore in Australia and it arrives within a week normally

http://www.pets-megastore.com.au/mangetreatments-c-165_278.html

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Thanks Sam, it is actually the advocate i have used.... she is itching a bit again this morning, she has only been in the house/garden. I will give her another piriton and see if it settles, i didn't walk her yesterday in case it was something outside but she is still doing it so i guess not, if the advocate does sarcoptes will that sort the grass mites? do i need something else for that.

good luck with the inspection Jazz

Thanks for that link sam - I've just ordered some for my lot. Beau is chewing at his fur round his tail in a couple of places (looks like flea allergy), looks red raw and I've used Advantage to no effect.
Edited by merledogs