UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Welsh Wizardry

merledogs

So pleased for you Jazz...hope the move goes smoothly. When can you move in, or don't you know yet?

Sorry I've been reading but not posting much..overdid things putting together the compound for the cats I'm looking after for the summer and I've strained my wrist and thumb, plus the increase of tablets for my blood pressure has given me multiple muscle aches. At least I hope that's what it is, otherwise something else has decided to attack me! Griff, I do hope you aren't feeling too rotten and that things soon get sorted for you.

I've been in tears tonight over our lurcher Dylan, he's not in the best of health and he seems to be going downhill rapidly, there are times he just lies on his bed and whimpers and he's not a wuss, unlike a lot of lurchers and earlier although he wasn't cold, he was shaking so hard his teeth were chattering. I think a vet visit is on the cards..just hope it won't be the last one, but I don't want him suffering. He's got trouble with his spine, and his neck, his tummy is dodgy and he's drinking for England. Poor lad. :unsure:

So pleased for you Jazz...hope the move goes smoothly. When can you move in, or don't you know yet?

Sorry I've been reading but not posting much..overdid things putting together the compound for the cats I'm looking after for the summer and I've strained my wrist and thumb, plus the increase of tablets for my blood pressure has given me multiple muscle aches. At least I hope that's what it is, otherwise something else has decided to attack me! Griff, I do hope you aren't feeling too rotten and that things soon get sorted for you.

I've been in tears tonight over our lurcher Dylan, he's not in the best of health and he seems to be going downhill rapidly, there are times he just lies on his bed and whimpers and he's not a wuss, unlike a lot of lurchers and earlier although he wasn't cold, he was shaking so hard his teeth were chattering. I think a vet visit is on the cards..just hope it won't be the last one, but I don't want him suffering. He's got trouble with his spine, and his neck, his tummy is dodgy and he's drinking for England. Poor lad. :unsure:

Sorry to read about Dylan but wanted to say shaking can be a sign of pain.

Sorry to hear about Dylan :GroupHug:

I think charlie would benefit from a vet trip (if he's still with us when I get home). Mum and dad won't take him as they say the vet will just put him to sleep. I have said they won't put him to sleep without permission and they certainly wouldn't do it there and then, but he's just really confused. When I went around the night before I came away, he was just walking round and round in circles in the back garden :unsure: He is still eating and going out for walks, he's just confused.

It's been another hot day here today, absolutely baking in the sunshine.

Glad you got the house Jazz :)

Moaning :tired:

Still feeling lurgified. Was feeling a teeny bit better yesterday but the cough came back with a vengeance last night and I couldn't sleep. The scariest thing is not being able to breathe properly so I was lying there listening to my throat making wheezing noises. Fingers crossed today is better. I'm at the point where it hurts to laugh or cough because I've coughed so much my diaphragm is hurting.

Still waiting to hear whether they are going to get planning permission to build houses on our favourite walking fields (see my signature below for pic). The public inquiry was last June, a decision was due before Christmas but keeps getting delayed. In February they said the decision had been confirmed, but they were just writing it up. Over a month later, still waiting :mad:

Edited by merledogs

Sorry to hear about Dylan :GroupHug:

I think charlie would benefit from a vet trip (if he's still with us when I get home). Mum and dad won't take him as they say the vet will just put him to sleep. I have said they won't put him to sleep without permission and they certainly wouldn't do it there and then, but he's just really confused. When I went around the night before I came away, he was just walking round and round in circles in the back garden :unsure: He is still eating and going out for walks, he's just confused.

It's been another hot day here today, absolutely baking in the sunshine.

Glad you got the house Jazz :)

Have you tried any of the medications for senility- Aktivait, Selgian or Vivitonin? These can help. My bitch used to ask out then wander about looking as if to say 'why am I here?. Vivitonin made a big difference to her.

They are all different so it can be trial and error to find what works.

I think Aktivait is available without prescription but the other two are prescription meds.

Moaning :tired:

Still feeling lurgified. Was feeling a teeny bit better yesterday but the cough came back with a vengeance last night and I couldn't sleep. The scariest thing is not being able to breathe properly so I was lying there listening to my throat making wheezing noises. Fingers crossed today is better. I'm at the point where it hurts to laugh or cough because I've coughed so much my diaphragm is hurting.

Still waiting to hear whether they are going to get planning permission to build houses on our favourite walking fields (see my signature below for pic). The public inquiry was last June, a decision was due Christmas but keeps getting delayed. In February they said the decision had been confirmed, but they were just writing it up. Over a month later, still waiting :mad:

It sounds like you need to take care of yourself. Have you tried inhaling steam or menthal crystals to help your breathing?

He has been on vivitonin and senilife - the vivitonin didn't make any difference.

The senilife helped for a couple of months, but then stopped working on him. I suspect he has a brain tumour - but whilst he is still eating, enjoying his little potters around the village and his cuddles, I don't think it's time to say goodbye yet. I don't think it will be far away - I don't think he'll see Christmas.

Ive signed for the bungalow

the lady gave me a voucher for free paint, rollers etc, so we have got that

the living room wallpaper is nearly off, just pulled from the bottom and it came away. I love doing that

we have been looking at laminate flooring. its been reduced today so will get that soon.

love to ones with poorly dogs, I feel for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hope the lurgy soon goes Alex. Happy stripping, Jazz!

We've got an appointment on Tuesday evening at the vet for Dyl..bit of a wait, but I wanted to see one of the two vets who know him well, the other two are fairly new. He's gone a bit senile too Gooster, not a bad thing in some respects as things that used to scare him, like fireworks and thunder, don't bother him at all now, and he used to exit smartly when the hoover came out..now I can practically hoover up his toes and he doesn't move. The balance of power between him and Rosie cav has changed too, if she was on a bed he wanted he used to loom over her and she'd get off it, the other evening he tried to do that and she growled at him, and he meekly retreated to what is apparently the second choice bed. She does sniff round him a lot recently too, which she didn't used to do.

OH is getting a Chinese takeaway for dinner..hurray, no cooking! Last episode of The Musketeers tonight, hope poor Constance keeps her head.