UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March's Welsh Wizardry

merledogs

You really get to see the best and worst of folk on the internet , Dogstar has been suffering more and more aggressive and rude posts recently mostly anti sterilisation which we try and answer in case they are genuine but a few far nastier ones which we have to remove. They often come in overnight which makes the first Facebook check of the day pretty depressing !

I really wish I had a department for dealing with social media I really do !

Is there anything that can be done to help from the UK Sam?

Hope you get the bungalow Jazz.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys :) Mum has given me a present to put in my suitcase - am not allowed to open it till Monday.

Hope you are feeling better soon Griff :GroupHug:

Hope your results come in soon Mary :flowers:

You really get to see the best and worst of folk on the internet , Dogstar has been suffering more and more aggressive and rude posts recently mostly anti sterilisation which we try and answer in case they are genuine but a few far nastier ones which we have to remove. They often come in overnight which makes the first Facebook check of the day pretty depressing !

I really wish I had a department for dealing with social media I really do !

Trolling is a huge industry these days. Where these nasty people come from and how they deal with people in their real lives are a mystery when you consider how they love to bait people on the internet. Not that it probably helps Sam but they are every where disrupting forums, blogs, FB pages etc.. I am on a few different sites for history, genealogy, fanfiction and other various interests and they turn up on all of these with dreadful regularity. After a while you get to recognise their M.O. If I was you I'd put up an anti-trolling statement to the affect that you no longer respond to negative remarks and all such posts will be deleted. And keep reporting the arses to FB.

Don't get me started on internet trolls or I will fill up the next 3 pages with a rant. Like Dogstar, Doglost is a regular target for the blighters and dealing with them can be time consuming.

And as for Facebook, it is a place where anyone has the chance to make themself feel big and some unlucky person feel small.

Having said that, I did read a nice quote there. "Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It craps on the board then struts around acting like it has won."

I've been up since 2.30 :tired: Had a half hour just before 6, then started clearing stuff out of the sideboard/dresser that I'm donating, dusting, cleaning, etc. I'm knackered and my back's done in. They are supposed to be collecting the furniture this morning so fingers crossed. I've got to take Pepe back to the dealer at lunchtime cos the seal round the window is warped. I've got to fit some work in at some point so I suspect I will be having a late one tonight, but at least I can do it from the comfort of my sofa.

Good Luck Jazz

Owl, that did make me laugh

Merledogs, hope the dealership sort pepe out quickly

Morning Sam and Murtle

Today is D-Day, just about to try the new stuff!! having a sh*t day already, spoke to my neighbour yesterday,.you know the garage roof one, she was fine chatting away, got up this morning and let the dogs out, they were going nuts in the garden, she has workmen doing some fencing, she didn't say a word to me, my jag is right where they are working so i am terrified that will be damaged, she knew i was starting the new treatment today, basically i am going to have a day of feeling c*ap with the dogs barking, if she had said yesterday i could have got my mum or dad to stay of work and help with the dogs, i find it very bad manners not to let your neighbour know that there are going to be workmen trotting all over their drive way, working very very near a classic car (like 1/2 foot away ) and that's not to mention i can't even get in my own garage! we always apologise for noise when we have workmen and if it impacts on any access for anyone we are doubly apologetic and ask permission don't just do it and inconvenience people...well tell you what i let her off over the garage roof but she can s*d off now, she knew fine well how ill i was going to be today but said nothing at all, well the dogs can bark at the workmen until they have had enough of woofing