UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Noble Nattering

merledogs

I am a total and utter bah humbug and give nothing to anyone except a few Sri Lanka children who live in poverty and adults who need a helping hand up ( over the year )

this year for "christmas" I am buying one Sri Lankan lady a push bike as she really really really needs one to get to work to support her family and its out of her price range , Mark and I paid for the medical bills for a staff members child last month as he needed an MRI scan at a private hospital which his family could not afford , I also paid off a loan a lady had with a pawn broker ( she had borrowed for her mothers medical bill ) and now she can pay me back monthly with no interest and her grandmothers necklace is safe from being sold , she insisted I keep the necklace for security, and lastly we fund one childs English lessons giving him more options for further education ( all uni subjects here are in English )

My Uk friends and family get bugger all , they don't need anything from me :)

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Time is going to fast! I have been trying since the end of October to start my Christmas shopping but I just cannot find anything that seems right for the people I buy for. It doesn't help when I finally resort to asking said people what they would like but they've all basically replied "oh anything, surprise me, you are so good at choosing". Yeah well after years of surprising them I have run out of ideas. They may as well receive something they want or need so give me a feckin clue FFS!

Still time to create and order something "customised" from artscow Marian - http://www.artscow.com/?Ref=1228753 click on the special offers link - or they are doing 35% off your entire order - but its always worth looking for the free shipping offers.

I also got some book "collections" from The Book People which were on offer - they have loads of different ones to suit all tastes.

Moaning :tired:

Sam, I think what you're doing is wonderful. Your presents will be truly appreciated :flowers:

Marion - why don't you 'adopt' an animal, or sponsor something in their name? Think of a charity which you think each of them would support. If they don't like it then I bet they'll give you a clue what they want next year.

Today I'm thinking of all those brave men, women and animals who have given their lives for our country poppy.gif

"When you go home, tell them of us and say,
For your tomorrow, we gave our today".

• Like 1

Good for you Sam, giving things which really are needed, rather than something that is just for sake of giving a gift!

I shall have my little one minutes silence on my own today, to remember my father (he died in 53, but from TB contracted in a field hospital after he was injured during the war, so he counts as a war casualty) and the two uncles I never knew who both went down with their ships. The sea is their eternal grave.

I know my dad was in the RAF but don't know his name. ill be thinking of him and mother

I went out for an hour yesterday, and have been up half the night with diorreah

see, its dangerous out there!

thinking of each and everyone of you xxxx

I'd like to join in with the remembrance theme by mentioning my 2x great uncle Hugh born in the UK died in France, aged 34, serving in the Canadian Machine Gun Corps on April 4th 1918. He had a great love for horses and was known for his kind compassionate way of dealing with them.

Also his nephew William, killed in France in 1918 at age 19 serving with the Machine Gun Corps of the British army.

What grieves me is that my father died fighting fascists, and now some who I thought were friends or at least respected acquaintances are rushing to embrace the claptrap coming from Britain First, a group who have hijacked Remembrance Day for their own ends. They sell poppy brooches, identical to the British Legion ones, at inflated prices and keep the proceeds for their political party. Even the Telegraph, hardly a bunch of subversives, have attacked their conduct. I need to get my act together and address a few direct words to some of these former friends. And then go offline for a few days until the dust settles. No one on here, I hasten to add. I am just so sad that they don't have the perception to see the way they are being led by the nose.

Hello Fugees

A year ago yesterday that we lost Dad to the evil mesothelioma. Along with the sad memories, I remembered the kindness and support shown to me by people here so I've just popped in to say hi and to wish you all well.

I think I'm spotting a few of you in the Dogstar Auction on Facebook. Still think you are an inspiring lady Sam & just read above about your lovely gifts to people in need

Liz x

• Like 1