UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Noble Nattering

merledogs

I hope everyone's dogs got thro last night OK. We actually had more bother from fireworks the night before when it was blowing a hoolie. Yesterday was gorgeous and last night dry, cold and crisp but what fireworks there were ceased around 8.30pm. Now though we will probably get a load at the weekend.

When I let Archie out for his last wee and testament around 10pm last night I noticed my car was white with frost.

we survived bonfire night, i have some awesome homeopathic stuff, worked a treat!!! Dakota even went for a walk as i couldn't get her to wee in the garden, had plenty of traets and had a lead clipped to her collar and to a harness so she couldn't go anywhere but she was really good and chilled about it and did her wee like a good girl

Suzeanna, get some wooden fence posts, knock those into the ground, get some brush screening and some of that fencing wire, thread the wire through the brush screening and attach to the fence posts, not the most sturdy fence but should stop you having to look at that... if you look on wilko there may be some in the sale..thats where i got mine but i used 6ft stock fencing and cable ties and it has been up about 6 years i think

Merledogs, hope your evening goes o.k and drive carefully

staying in today, sending my dad to the vets to collect medication and i have told them do not tell him about any homeless animals as last time he went in on his own i ended up with deagan Lol

I suggested to my neighbour that I could put trellis up, he said no it could make his fence unstable, miserable beggar. As he paid for the fence and erected it, I can't say much. I have planted a Californian lilac that I hope will grow up and make a screen, there are already some reasonable sized shrubs further down that seem to be growing well. I might try your idea though Griff.

Dylan has always been terrified of fireworks, he also hated cats, staffies and random collies. Now...he wags happily at any and all dogs he meets, play bowed at the cat next door and wittered when I wouldn't let him say hello, and didn't bat an eyelid at the very noisy fireworks over the last three nights. Obviously getting older and losing your marbles works in his favour! He also steals food right from under our noses without a shred of guilt, which doesn't work in ours!