UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Noble Nattering

merledogs

awww that is really Nice Owl

Lol at dillon, just had a look on wilko but there is no screening in stock at all at the moment, perhaps homebase or b&q when they have the 15% discount, my fence is 1 layer stock fence, 1 layer reed screening and then one layer brushwood screening, looks nice from my side and i don't care about my neighbours side although when we were putting the fence up i did here the comment sarcastically "oh that looks nice" ...made me and my dad fall about laughing that did

Thanks for the offer Owl...I have a big flowering currant at the side of the house in the front garden, love the colour, hate the smell...it's like cat pee! I didn't realise you could take cuttings of buddleia, I have a couple in the border on the other side, must look up how to do it. That side of the garden we have a nice high hedge, unfortunately it's hawthorn, murder to trim and goes bare in the winter. Won't be so bad this year though, as Dyl wont spend his time gazing with murderous intent at their three cats! Just discovered the hoover doesn't bother him any more either, he used to take to his heels when it came out but earlier I nearly hoovered up his toes and he didn't budge.

I think Wilko have got all their xmas stuff in place where the garden stuff was Griff, but I want to go to a garden centre soon so I'll have a look there.

Buddleias are easy to get cuttings from. You can use rooting powder if you like but I never have. Just clip a piece off the end of a branch, just below a leaf joint, put it in a pot and keep it watered. Take several as they don't all take, but most of them will. And the parent bush will produce side branches where you clip it off.

Edited by owl

Moaning :tired: I'm absolutely knackered, ache all over and have a nedache. I must be getting really old cos the music sounded sooooo loud. The smoke machines set the fire alarms off just after 10 so my colleague and I took the opportunity to leave and come home. Got back just after midnight so not too bad.

Suzeanna - there's nothing to stop you putting trellis up on your side, as long as you don't attach it to his fence. Couple of fence posts and some trellis (or even better a fence panel) and Bob's your uncle.

Happy hols Gooster

Merledogs, glad you made it home o.k and hope your soreness goes soon

Suzeanna, i have told my mum about your neighbour, she works for our council in the customer service bit....anyhoooo she says that your neighbour can't hang and gut rabbits in his garden,might be worth asking your councils view on things

That's interesting to know Griff. Unfortunately, I live on an estate where everyone seems to be related to someone else. You fall out with one person, and about a 100 are giving you dirty looks! The garden on the other side of him put up a wall and fencing which is about 7 foot high, so if there was an anonymous complaint he'd know it was me. Plenty of folk around here do things they shouldn't be doing, my fault for not living in Chelsea I suppose. :D Apparently the chap we bought the house from sold home made beefburgers from his garden shed (he was head man in an abattoir), I doubt the council would have looked at that favourably!

edited to say Thanks Owl, I'll give it a go. I love buddleias, they smell great and attract loads of butterflies.

Edited by suzeanna

Good work keep it up Alex :flowers:

First comfort food of the winter has just gone in the oven - shepherds pie which I have made myself. Will continue gorge watching Boardwalk Empire whilst eating it and that's where I will be the rest of the night, in front of the telly, until bedtime.