UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Octobers Oral Posts

Jazz

Just been watching the NFL game which was played at Wembley. Atlanta Falcons vs Detroit Lions. Atlanta were leading 21-0 at half time. With 4 seconds to go Atlanta were winning 21-19 and Detroit scored a field goal to win 22-21. They actually missed the first field goal with 4 seconds to go but (I don't understand all of it), the ref said it was a foul and rewound the clock by 4 seconds to enable them to re-take it. Exciting stuff!

My son and DIL are big supporters and avid watchers of the game. They are going to Wembly next month to see the Dallas Cowboys play the Jacksonville Jaguars.

He supports the Dallas Cowboys and she supports the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Hubby and I are babaysitting my grandson for the weekend to let them go.

Moaning :tired: WFHing today.

Gorgeous George is making himself right at home these days. He spends most of his time here. The dogs are frightened of him, especially Taffy who won't even look at him (he can be pretty scary to be fair). Yesterday, for the first time, he walked into the living room. I've carried him in a few times and cuddled him on my lap, but yesterday was the first time he came in on his own. He's getting more confident around the dogs as long as they don't come too close, then he can be vicious.

Edited by merledogs

Whenever he's been home for a few days he comes back filthy (his paws are white and for some reason they are brown and stained) and starving. They aren't the most hygienic family by the look of it - they live off takeaways and don't recycle anything, so every week they put the bin out it's overflowing. A couple of weeks ago they put lots of black bags next to the bin, which of course the bin men didn't take. Instead of moving them, they've just left them out on the pavement - this is over two weeks now and apparently the neighbours have complained to the Council, who have done nothing, so I'm getting into them today. The kids (according to the bloke who lives next door to them) run riot and the house (which they rent) is looking scruffier than it did. There are also more black bags outside the front door. They've got dogs too, which never get walked, so dog knows what sort of mess they are living in. Thing is, if they move they will take George with them. Mind you, cheeky beggar would no doubt find someone else to take him in.

Edited by merledogs

Environmental health should do something about the rubbish. There used to be a woman opposite us who just chucked all her rubbish into the back garden, they needed over fifty bags to collect it all after her neighbours complained! If they move the cat will hide if its got any sense.