UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Anecdotes

Jazz

We had thunder and lightning here. Wispa shouted and swore at it for a bit then settled down to listen to radio 4. Perhaps she has at last realised that Thor is a wimp and will not come down to answer her challenge to single combat.

Good thoughts for everyone in difficult situations xx

Hello all

I am have been back in the UK for a few weeks and head home next weekend after we do the 5k Birmingham Color run ( for Dogstar ) which does looks like it will be a great laugh

http://www.thecolorrun.co.uk

Tomorrow we are visiting London and the Shard which is very exciting as well

• Like 1

the bath board has been picked up!

just the chair to sell now, pray at 7pm please that it goes at 7.30

car was really bad just now, so the man is coming here this afternoon to replace the filters and see if that works, better do

Afternoon. Went to the bakery for my favourite (extra delishus) meat pies, but they didn't have any. She said she could put some in but they would take 15 minutes. I couldn't be bothered to wait or go back so asked if I could buy them uncooked - she said yes :pinkie: So now even if they don't have my favourite pies in I can buy them uncooked (which is also cheaper) - woohoo!

Football seasons starts tomorrow for City with the Community Shield against the Arse and the following week the Premier League starts - can't wait! The European Championships (athletics) is also on from Tuesday. Not that I'm sport mad or anything :rolleyes: but it's been a good summer for sport (world cup, commonwealths, etc). I blame it on my dad - I lived with him (mum didn't want us) from the age of 11 to 17. We only had one telly and whenever any type of sport was on, we watched it, hence I love sport now although my favourites are football and athletics.

RMF : I might have accidentally bought two more Rhododendrons and a Japanese Maple :whistle:

Edited by merledogs

Been camping on a young leadership festival for the last week. Dreadful organisation, fantastic transformations in some amazing kids. They have certainly touched me and woken me up. The kids were 12-17 and from all different backgrounds and nationalities. I am really touched To have been a part of the week.

Hope everyone is well. I will try and catchup but am absolutely shattered right now having been surviving on a few hours sleep a night and 17 hour days with the kids...

• Like 1

Glad you have had a good week Mary :)

Glad you got your pies Alex (and don't think I didn't notice about the plants :laugh: )

Am dog sitting again tonight, I managed to liberate my bike from the shed and cycle it to my house though first :) I had to take the front wheel off though for it to fit in my under stairs cupboard, I was amazed that I managed to do that all by myself :laugh: Think I may be aching tomorrow though, as I was helping Mr G learn his body pump routines, so I went through some of them twice with him. I can already feel my legs aching, so goodness knows what I'll be like tomorrow :laugh:

I have just ordered takeout - again :ninja:

• Like 1

Sounds a great weekend, murtle.

Heavy rain arrived here around 10, set in for the day by the look of it. Neither Wispa nor I have any wish to go anywhere. We had a good hike yesterday. We have turned into fair weather walkers. If a dog is missing we will put on all our gear and go miles if needed, but otherwise we are couch potatoes the minute it gets heavier than drizzle.

Hope the run goes well,Sam.

Stay safe in the winds, everyone. Near miss with that branch, Sandra.