UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Anecdotes

Jazz

Just been on my bike ride. Did 9.4 miles according to my phone app :) So that makes 9.6 miles this morning in spin, 9.4 miles this afternoon on a real bike and am hopefully going out on Blue this afternoon, so will see how far we go later :) Am really muddy though! Cycling in the gym is far less messy!

flippin heck Gooster, you make me sweat just reading what you have been up to Lol

just had my first go at making pastry and a jam tart...not good, got a soggy bottom Lol, i think it is the fact i made a big one, put too much jam in and made it in a cake tin so it sweated b*gger back to the drawing board Lol

took kota out for a little potter before school later tonight and she got beat up again..... some awful terrier type thing, lad ambling along lead round his neck trying to make out he was oh so in control of his dog, it growled but kota was o.k and she was on her lead, it came to sniff her bum and she turned round and the feckin thing went for her, eventually the lad said "oh sorry about that!", thankfully kota is lovely natured and isn't at all bothered but if he had started tearing into her god help the dog, i am not having another dog ruined by an idiot, she is 10 months old and that is the third time she has been had a go at, oh well at least she will see her buddies tonight.... one of her boyfriends is on holiday so she won't be happy

• Like 1

Sat in an office al day wondering what on earth I was doing with my day...however ran 5 miles when I got home and feel slightly more productive.

Shower and dinner time now before Groundhog Day starts again!!

Good luck with your assessment Jazz.

xxx

Aw poor Kota, hope she is ok.

Well done that man for doing best by his best friend. Have you managed to get hold of the Mel's? I can't remember if you were on FB or not...though I guess some people do use the phon for real communication!! 💖🐾😄 xxx

Yay the sun is out this morning :)

I like the purple trainers too Jayne. It's ages since I had a pair of trainers. I am either in my Slazenger sandals which double as slippers or my walking boots or my walking shoes. I have a couple of pairs of ordinary flat shoes which seldom see the light of day.

Poor Kota :GroupHug:

The Archibald is going walking with Esther again today :)

The builders are still working next door. They disappear for days on end and then turn up again to make the usual row. I can't believe how long it is taking them to knock off the old rendering, which they are doing with power tools. The noise is very, very, grating. I'd rather they just got on with the job and then it's done rather than this stop-start. You never know when they are going to be there so can't count on having a quiet day.

I got called into the other next door neighbours the other day as she wanted to show me some damp which she is trying to make out we are responsible for (but that's another story) She and her eastern european lodgers are all very,very heavy smokers. The house stunk. I felt really sorry for her 4 little dogs even though they do nowt but yap all bloomin' day. It can't be good for them breathing that in. When I came out - I was there for less than 10 minutes - I reeked of smoke and had to change my clothes. I had to use my asthma spray and needed it more than normal the following day too.

I feel your pain Marion. The house next door to me has been quiet for a while, but the builders have started up again. To be fair they haven't been massively noisy this time round, but they still stamp up and downstairs :rolleyes:

Hairdressers today at 1.15, and I actually have nothing to do until then (except the ironing) :biggrin:

My virgin bill for the tv etc went up £20 a month. I rung them, they said my loyalty discount had ended. what discount?
just got a leaflet through, so rung the again. turns out they have put me on the dearest package, saying I asked for it!
so im on a lower package still with everything I watch, for £20 a month less