UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Anecdotes

Jazz

Good luck with the car hunt Jazz, my dad is currently eyeing up range rovers.... i say no but it is his money and he can have the repair bill... told him not to come asking me for help Lol

Good luck with the run HLGS

Gooster, hope you enjoyed the wine and glad work was alright

Suzeanna, hope you are feeling a lot better now and you don't have another migraine any time soon

My leg is very sore, i think the stitches may be too tight, it is in such an awkward place that it is it constantly pulled and it isn't helped by the dog crashing into it all the time, i have been up 30 minutes and she has hit it at 4 times, clumsy little sod Lol, i will hopefully have a followup in a month so will get the results then.... my nurse might tell me when she takes the stitches out for me, i will be interested to find out what it is

I'm absolutely fuming! My know it all neighbour goes rabbitting in the winter, he's always had a couple of bedlingtons or beddie lurchers...now down to one. One Sunday he and his wife went to Lincolnshire to look at a litter of beddie/whippets, four weeks old and put a deposit on one. The breeder said they were ready to go now as they were eating and mum was fed up with them (more like she didn't want to pay out any more money on them), they said they would go back for it in a few weeks. Guess what? They've got it. Poor little devil, far too young to leave its mum, and he is not a dog lover, although she is good with them. Thing is she works 12 hour shifts so the poor pup will be left at the mercies of the bloke.

I just saw the pup..she'd been crying for ages (they were out) and luckily I was mowing the front lawn when they came in. They asked did I want to see her, so said yes and they brought her out, she's very cute and very small..also very clever! On Sunday she was four weeks old, today when I asked she's six weeks. If that pup is six weeks old I'm the Queen of Sheba, she's still got blue eyes, lying toerags. Shows they know it's wrong to have her so early.

i had diesel from 5 weeks, i was told she was 6 weeks when i got her, i tell you what she was the smartest of all my dogs, when i took her to the vet i was told it was a good job i had taken her as they didn't think she would last the day. I do wish people would put more thought into getting a dog, i wonder what will happen to her if she isn't any good at working?

whilst we are on the subject of dogs, a chap called my mum today, he wanted help with getting his dog neutered a staffy... he asked for the dog warden who can't help him so my mum called me, i found a thing on easipetcare saying £80 but if you were struggling to afford it to call them and they would point you in the direction of a voucher, mum called him back and told him, he called easipetcare who said £90! and no they couldn't help him with a voucher... he is on ESA, so my mum will pay for him to be done, it is either that or the dog gets PTS... he was seized 6months back as he bit somebody, the courts and police are happy to return him provided he is neutered and muzzled

Hope the poopie does ok away from it's mum. The youngest we have ever had as a poopie has been Ted, who was 9 weeks old. Shara was 10 weeks, we think Charlie was 8/9 weeks old, but as he was a stray, we aren't sure.

Hope you find a car Jazz :flowers:

Had to smile today at work, I was working on the outbound flight path of Manchester airport. At one point this morning, a really loud massive sounding plane went over, so as I was free, I got my nerd app out on my phone and had a look to see what it was. Turned out it was the plane that took me to Cuba and back! It was on it's way back out to Cuba :) 6 weeks tomorrow till I get to fly away again for a few days :)

Had some sad news a dear friend and colleague that has been battling cancer for the past 4.5 years is in hospital and they have said she is unlikely to be with us much longer, its hit me quite hard even though we have all known this day was coming shes been such a battler and I had truly hoped she'd be with us a while longer yet. Still praying that she once again shows the Dr's they shouldn't write her off just yet. The hospital have been great and allowed her husband to take their dogs in to see her yesterday but they have also said that her family need to come now - her brother and sister live in South Africa so its apparently touch and go if they'll get here in time.

Snow :GroupHug:

Walked the dogs, been to Costco, been to B&Q, got to go back to B&Q to take stuff back they overcharged me for which were in the sale but charged full price :rolleyes:

Excited that the Prem has started again :pinkie: I wouldn't normally watch a U**ited game but am watching them play Swansea, interesting to see how they do under van Gaal. Should call them Van United now.

Sorry to hear about your friend snow :(

Had a great day today, I worked till12.30, then went and had a facial and spent far too much money on a bikini from Victoria's Secret :rolleyes: I then had a sit down with a hot chocolate and a slice of cake. Went to the farm afterwards and went on a ride out on Blue. He was bloody brilliant :biggrin: Didn't bat an eyelid at a bouncy castle, loud music and someone talking on a microphone, we even managed to negotiate a gate without me having to get off! I might have smacked my knee on the fence, but he went through it! I love that pony so much! He's one in a million :wub: :wub:

• Like 1