UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jolly Japes

Jazz

Moaning :tired:

Sophie - scary! One of my recurring nightmares is losing one or more of the dogs and running round in a panic looking for them :(

Didn't know about EGAR :( Does anybody know what's happened about Wiccaweys?

I'm knackered and aching. Took the dogs out for a nice long walk, then went to the Trafford Centre, then straight to B&Q to lug paving stones home. My shoulder is sore again and I've done something to my foot. Seems every time I hurt a bit of me these days it never really goes away. My left jaw started hurting a year ago and is now intermittently painful, as is my thumb and my shoulder. I'm going to go to the doc about it.

Very shocked about EGAR. It makes me wonder just how much we can trust other small rescues. My aunt's dog, now at the Bridge, came from EGAR. He was in a pitiful state when Sarah rescued him but was transformed by the time my aunt got him, although he did not fair well on the very rough ferry crossing and Jackysian, who collected him for us, thought he was dying. Turned out to be sea sickness coupled with stress. He was fine by the time we got him back here, although we still took him to the vet to have him checked over. He had a lovely 4 years with my aunt.

Alex I hope you feel better soon matey. I think you are right to get checked over by the doc.

As far as I know Alex all dogs were returned to Wiccs and they have new kennels etc. no further action was taken.

As for EGAR - my understanding of the situation is that Sarah pleaded guilty to charges brought against her for cruelty, It appears the seized dogs were kept at a different location to Sarahs main kennels some distance away which her supporters and volunteers were probably unaware of.

I have removed EGAR rescue status on Refuge although they have not posted here for the past 2 years anyway.

• Like 1

What is wrong with Trudy Jazz?

I know what you mean Yantan. I think (hope) it is because people get into a pickle and struggle to ask for more help.

The EGAR one is strange as no one seems to have known about it, though the animals were removed last year until posts were out in the GSPCA and EGAR Facebook pages following the actual court prosecution.

We had glorious sunshine, then rain, now crappy overcast weather.

Ben has gone away, roll on Friday when I get to go to france for a week!

Sophie, can you train Kia to come to whistle? You need a proper Acme gundog whistle, nothing else carries far enough. It's worth doing.

I might give it a try. She's a pain to do any training with outside of classes / the house, as she won't take treats or play with toys, and she has to wear a muzzle, but most things I train in the house she seems to generalize quite well, so will have a think and come up with a plan.

I've had a lovely morning at an agility show - Logan was very good and listened :) Was home not long after lunch and have managed to install a new curtain pole - need to lengthen the curtains slightly, but I think I can take out the hem at the bottom so it won't be too difficult.

Jazz, sorry to hear you're still battling the vet over Trudy's bill.

Alex, I hope your GP can do something about the aches and pains.

Morning

Sorry to hear that Alex 😢

Fingers crossed hey Jazz.

My morning so far has been the cats waking me up at stupid o'clock and shouting at me lots. Followed by the workmen turning up at 8.15 when I was still in a towel 😳 now being shouted at by one of the other cats.

But the sun is shining 😄

xxx

the dogs enjoyed their breakfasts, they have yoghurt all round their mouths lol

I hurt sooo much! stress of all this, and they haven't spoken to me yet! that's when the fun will start lol

come on, you know the drill, everyone on their knees, hands together, pray the council ring please

• Like 1