UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

So sorry about Sugar, but Dexter looks as if he'll go a long way towards filling the gap she'll leave.

Glad your training went well Griff..sounds as if the people don't judge a book by the cover there at least, and Dakota should enjoy herself!

I got a letter from the Pension Service, my pension has gone up...it's now £51.53 a week! Gosh, I'm so excited, what am I going to do with the extra 40p? Perhaps I could offer Wayne Rooney a loan? hang on...that would work better the other way around!

I've been reading up about the treatments for breast cancer, sounds as if depending on whether or not it's hormone linked I will have the choice of hormone therapy with some very unpleasant side effects (Herceptin sounds horrific), or radiotherapy which once you've had it, you can't have again and has no guarantee of the cancer not recurring. After a lot of debate I've decided that if there was no involvement of the underarm nodes and they got the lump out with clear margins, I'm going to to say that's it. It's out, it's gone and I don't want any further treatment. If I was 20 years younger and otherwise healthy I would probably do whatever they recommend, but as I've already got other health issues ..no. My OH said it's my life, my decision, my son agrees but my daughter isn't happy about it. My follow up and path lab results are next Wednesday, so I'm braced for arguments with the oncologists.

• Like 1

Dexter is a little smasher! :wub: He looks like a film star dog.

Its nice to be amongst fellow dog owners who understand the world of dog isn't it Griff :biggrin:

I got my mahoosive order out in time and I am now going up a step and packing tins - they are being delivered today. I have had to do a big clean up of my work station (the dining room table) as I have to have a rack to put the boxes of drawing pencils in so they are held at an angle to make it easier to pick them up. I haven't packed this way since I left the factory floor which is 16 years ago. It's going to be a bit bittersweet I think as I left the year I got George.

Suzeanna, you have to do what you feel is right for you and others might not like it but it is you that has to actually go through it, yes they see the side effects but they don't feel them. I have told my parents when things get too much for me there is a bottle of vodka and a load of pills with my name on it, my mum is fine with that, she gets it...my dad kind of struggles with it but he is a hypocrite as he never gets treatment for stuff anyway

Goodluck with you packing yabtan

the training i went to is the same place i went to last week, 1 week they do proper training towards awards and the next week they do rally, the first week we went it was the proper training and i kept getting filthy looks of some bloke next to me..... this week they weren't there and there were some other people, it seemed a smaller group and i liked these people much more! hopefully we will be taking the dogs out together for the first time on a "proper" walk...... we may even have kota off lead!!!!!

well done Snow

why oh why does my neighbour think it is a good idea to paint his brick wall when there is rain forecast??? i have paint all over my private path.... again, i am waiting for him to finish then i am going to call for someone to come and jet wash all the paint off it.

Suzeanna good wishes for your results. I think it can be hard for people not suffering to understand the reasons people choose. My friend had breast cancer, they wanted to carry out a mastectomy she said being single and mid 30's she'd rather not and chose other treatment. My ex mother in law was older, married and with 4 younger children, she had a mastectomy and years later a second mastectomy. What is good for one person isn't suitable for another, that's what makes your choice so important xxx

Glad dog training was good griff :-)

I am running the manchester marathon off to check train times and hotels!!

Suzeanna - it is your body. I would listen to everything the oncologists have to say as they will have information specific to you. Then you know you have made a totally informed decision :flowers:

Glad you enjoyed training Griff :)

Well done Snow :)

Good luck with the packing Marion :)

I am on a contact lens course today at Old Trafford. One of my friends went on one a few years ago and it was dire :rolleyes: However it does give me 5 CET points, it's free and they feed me. Am also hoping for some freebies too :laugh:

oooooooo good luck with the marathon Murtle, when is that?

Gooster, enjoy your course if you can and enjoy your free dinner Lol....hope you get plenty of freebies too

just ordered the inflatable collar for kota ready for her spay, also got some bitter spray to stop her munching on the lead..... will just need to remember to wash my hands after touching it Lol

Jazz the sender send a link to me that takes me to direct to the stalk-the-delivery-driver page. If your sender hasn't done that - have they at least sent a tracking code because then you could go to the delivery firms website and enter it there and see what happens?

Suzeanna I'd go with what my gut was telling me :GroupHug: Where do I send my begging letter to try and talk you into giving your rise away to me?