UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fab Finagling

merledogs

aww Snow, i am sure you will be relieved to have your boy home (((hugs)))

Gooster, targets and specified times are great provided nobody comes in with an actual genuine problem, for instance, my GP you are supposed to have 1 appointment 1 patient, 1 problem and you are allowed 10 minutes, i regularly wait an hour or 1 1/2 hours after my appointment, i don't mind and don't complain as i was that patient once who was in a dreadful state and needed half an hour so she could save my life... i always like to put myself in the other persons shoes and if they are running late it is usually for a good reason...unless it is my brother who arranges to meet you and goes and gets in the shower 5 minutes before you are meeting and turns up late!

glad you didn't run late Gooster

OOoooo heck, i have just been summoned to the hospital to see my consultant.... i have to go wednesday, i think i am in trouble again Lol. i ignored the phone as i have been getting nuisance calls and then my mobile went and private number popped up... answered it and they asked for me and i am very careful who i give my number to so suspected it was the hospital or doctors, i am assuming this is because i haven't gone back to my gp and she has rung him up..... i hope he isn't in the mood for giving me a lecture as i won't be in the mood for getting one Lol

Naughty naughty Griff! Hopefully it's not going to get you grounded! We're both hospital bound on Wednesday then.

My right eye felt funny this morning..painful on the bottom lid when I blinked. Peered in the mirror and found for the first time in my life, I have a stye :mad: . Typical as we're going out for a meal tonight then meeting up with OH's workmates for someone's leaving boozeup. I've held a hot flannel against it several times today, and it's much less noticeable now and less painful so hopefully (although they say don't wear makeup) eye liner and mascara will cover it. One good thing, got the blood out of my bra ok!

Wispa, my friend Chrissie and I had a great day out tracking near Dronfield, in very muddy woods and through a pig farm! The viszla pup we were after led us and her mum round a huge circuit, then had the sense to head back to where her mum usually parks the car, and where her bed had been left for her with food. Some dog walking ladies saw her trying to get into the 4x4, so put a lead on her and rang the number on the poster on the car. We came slithering and scrambling out of very deep woods to a grand reunion. Wispa loves both pups and viszlas and was delighted to catch up with her quarry, and we all got a ride back in this Mitsubishi Warrior, which was the icing on the cake as far as Wispa is concerned. Pup aged 8 months is fine except for very sore feet. I bet she will sleep for hours now.

• Like 3

Glad the pup was found Owl :)

Warm compresses is the best thing for a stye - if it hasn't gone after a few days of warm compresses, get some chloramphenicol eye drops from the chemist :)

You don't want your massage man to be too big and hunky Alex. I had a massage in Cuba from a big guy (not hunky though) and it was bloody painful. He had hands like shovels and wasn't afraid to use them!! I joked to some people I met that he'll have got rid of all my cellulite with that massage!!

Just had a really good lesson on Blue. I haven't ridden for a while, with my holiday and Christmas and rubbish weather. Last week his sharer rode him and he threw her off, so to say I was a bit nervous was an understatement - I don't like falling off. However he didn't put a hoof wrong and was a really good boy, despite the fact it was blowing a gale! I think he's missed his mum :wub: :laugh:

• Like 1

Interesting development we have a full 15kg sack of Chappie kibble here which last week Rob said Nick should have as thats what Bruno eats and it would go off if we left it here as we wouldn't be getting another dog for a while, however, tonight as we were watching the rugby Rob said he was going to fill a couple of tuppaware containers with the Chappie for Nick as it made sense to keep half a sack here for when our new dog arrives .... how the heck I kept my mouth shut and just said that was probably a good idea I will never know lol

• Like 5

Bugger bugger bugger the tooth that lost its side Xmas eve and which the dentist put a temporary filling in to hold me until Tuesday when it's being prepared for a crown has now just lost the entire other side of it, now theres nothing holding the old filling and temporary filling into the cavity, not to mention its all jagged and spikey. Buggeration - I have absolutely no chance of getting it seen to over the weekend just have to keep my fingers crossed it doesnt get any worse or start to hurt between now and Tuesday. Feck knows now if he can do a crown as theres barely a quarter of the tooth left.