UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

Owl - hope that life is calming down for you. Is there anything I can do to help?

Fern went in for a dental yesterday and had 3 teeth out. She got sent home early for howling! She got me up twice in the night too - she's now sleeping happily and I'm trying to get some work done when I feel shattered!

awwww poor Fern (and poor you!!!)

Merledogs, i hope you aren't feeling angry today?

Yantan, your dogwalkers sound like they are worth their weight in gold

Murtle, hope you are feeling o.k today?

went to the grave yard last night to pop some more flowers on the grave, i put some on last week and when i got there last night somebody had pulled all the heads off the flowers, i can only assume it is my uncle.... funny how this stuff only happens when he isn't in prison, wonder how long the heads will stay on the flowers this time.... as long as he doesn't kick the headstone over again i can put up with damaged flowers

*rant alert* Just had a message from the travel agents about my holiday. It turns out that the hotel are doing building work to the restaurant and the beach bar at the moment :angry: When choosing my hotel, I deliberately avoided one of the Riu hotels there as they were doing building work that was due to be completed in July, as I didn't want to be stuck on a building site for two weeks if the work over ran :rolleyes: Hopefully it will all be fine, but how can you relax on a beach when there are builders faffing about and making loads of noise? :angry: I have looked forward to this holiday for so long, so will be really peeved if the building work ruins it...

*rant alert* Just had a message from the travel agents about my holiday. It turns out that the hotel are doing building work to the restaurant and the beach bar at the moment :angry: When choosing my hotel, I deliberately avoided one of the Riu hotels there as they were doing building work that was due to be completed in July, as I didn't want to be stuck on a building site for two weeks if the work over ran :rolleyes: Hopefully it will all be fine, but how can you relax on a beach when there are builders faffing about and making loads of noise? :angry: I have looked forward to this holiday for so long, so will be really peeved if the building work ruins it...

Have they offered you an alternative?

A work colleague was advised that there was going to be work being done on the drains around his holiday hotel but that it wouldn't affect them.

He refused to go there as he had young children and felt open drains were a danger for germs etc.

He was moved to another hotel.

Nope, they just said that wherever possible, Thomson guests would be situated away from the building work. I suppose I will have to see how bad the noise and building is, and if it's bad when I get there, ask to be moved. Apparently it's quite a large complex, and I can use the facilities of the sister hotel next door, so I will give it a go and see what it's like. Have also asked on the Trip Advisor forums if anyone is there at the moment who can tell me what the extend of the building work is :unsure:

Apparently Thomson/First choice are quite helpful if you ring them, and are happy to move your hotel. I might give them a ring tomorrow and see what options there are. At the end of the day, even if I get a free room upgrade, it's not going to make the builders go away....

'Ello :wavey:

Not angry today, but was yesterday. The past few days were a pain in the ass work-wise so glad it's the weekend.

RMF : I bought a new Vax hoover just before Christmas. Wanted a Dyson Animal really but they were much more expensive and the Vax had good reviews. The Vax is now defunct after less than a year so I've been out to buy the Dyson which I wanted in the first place. Only problem is, when I was in Currys I started looking at the laptops and now I want a new one :rolleyes:

If anybody's interested, some stores are doing a trade in on Dysons at the moment, so if you take any hoover in (whether it works or not), you can get money off. I got a Dyson DC39 Animal for £265 (minus the 8% discount I get through work) so am pleased with it for the price.

does anyone know when 'dancing with the stars' and dog the bounty hunter' are onin the UK please? thanks xx

any good?

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/dancing-with-the-stars/191470

http://www.tv.com/news/news-briefs-ae-cancels-dog-the-bounty-hunter-28738/

BAD DOG NEWS

... A & E has reportedly canceled reality show Dog the Bounty Hunter after eight seasons. Apparently the show won't continue because bounty hunter Dog is having creative differences with A & E, which I find odd because this is a reality show. [TMZ]

Well, Thomson/First Choice may have been helpful to the gentleman on trip advisor but were about as much use as a chocolate teapot with me. If I want to move hotels, have to pay. Whilst this gentleman was moved FOC from my hotel to the Riu Tequila, they want to charge me £450 to do the same :unsure: :angry: The stupid arse in the travel agents told me it was because I am a solo traveller. Despite the fact that my hotel and the Riu are the same price to travel to (and have been since before I booked it), they want to charge me an extortionate amount to swap hotels to one with no building work :angry: