UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

thanks for the offer Yantan but i think diez may have a bigger head than Archie as she is a staffy (aka a big head Lol)

just had to warn my neighbour there looks to be a gypsy type person going round knocking the doors, she looks romanian... she was down the close across the road from me, i hope non of the older people get taken in, i won't answer my door as the last time i said no thanks to lucky heather i was told they would put a curse on me and with the run of bad luck i am having i don't really want anymore thank you very much Lol

Aww Evie is a sweetie.

Sounds like you had a fab time Alex.

Aargh only 1 day to go!! Am sad that Sam & Mark wont be there but their hands are tied so we will do our best with Mo & the gang.

Not as sad as we are but the wheels are in motion that should get us both back very soon now , you will have an awesome time with Mo and co and Mark will meet you at the airport tomorrow to wave you off

Waggy will be delighted to see you as will his best buddy Jimmy

Moaning. Couldn't get on earlier.

I bought two more plants yesterday :rolleyes: In my defence one was reduced to half price and one I managed to negotiate down to half price as it was looking a bit the worse for wear. I have emailed a company which does community garden schemes in Manchester to see if I can donate some plants which I don't really like any more. Fingers crossed they take them. I could bin them but some of them are a fair size and I wouldn't want to bin them if someone can make use of them.

Edited by merledogs
  • Like 1

Awww Jazz feel better soon! and as for the woman being unhappy, well you could have gone and just puked on her Lol

Merledogs, i am sure they will take the plants off your hands... nice thing to do

Lil angel have a fabby time

Suzeanna, ooooooo thanks, i will try to remember that

my little cousin is doing his 11 plus today, i hope he does well

I woke up at 5am which was a tad too early to get up. I read for about an hour, fell asleep and didn't wake up again until 10.30. I hate that second sleep as I only wake up feeling carp. Next time I wake up early I am getting up no matter what the hour.

Alex what a good idea to contact the community garden about your unwanted plants.

I've been gardening. I have planted two crab apple Royalty trees - one in a planter and one in top border. I've also removed the Photinia I previously put in the border and put it in a planter. Back complaining now so am having coffee cake and a cuppa.

I've counted at least 40 plants which can go to a worthy cause. Not that I'm a collector or anything :blush:

I love the crab apples I've planted - stunning purple leaves with reddy pink flowers in spring and purple crab apples which the birds will no doubt eat.

royalty-crab-apple-3.jpg

Edited by merledogs

Looks beautiful Alex.

Sorry you are unwell Jazz and hope you get over the crappy second sleep Yantan.

I was meant to be meeting up with a friend today but she has bailed. Really annoys me as she often does it to me, then I'll find out it's cause she'll have gone out and got drunk the night before and couldn't get up or similar!

At least the sun is shining and it is a glorious day!!

xxx

just had to warn my neighbour there looks to be a gypsy type person going round knocking the doors, she looks romanian... she was down the close across the road from me, i hope non of the older people get taken in, i won't answer my door as the last time i said no thanks to lucky heather i was told they would put a curse on me and with the run of bad luck i am having i don't really want anymore thank you very much Lol

If the heather was so fecking lucky why would the seller need to be selling door to door ? surely with the lucky heather they could have unlimited lottery tickets

I have no time for curses and and no time for anyone who threatens me with such shite whilst trying to sell me shrubbery wrapped in tin foil , I love Suzeanna's tip :)

• Like 1

We've been into Cardiff shopping - normally I mortally hate going into Cardiff I'm not over keen on city centers always too many people for my comfort, but we had to go to The Arms Park to exchange Rob's new season Blues shirt which was too small - well it wasn't but it was the "players fit" so he looked like an inner tube with a bulge in the middle (gawd dont let him see me typing this lol) parked under the stadium had a gawp at the new plastic pitch then walked up to the town center and the indoor market. Now I do love the market its still a "market" market if you know what I mean - not full of cheap tat & tshirts from Taiwan but old established family stores selling hand made leather hand bags, fantastic jewelry including bespoke pieces in gold & silver made in Wales, loads of lovely home made or made on the premises cakes, food, bread, etc & artisan stalls. Lots of fabulous butchers and an outstanding fish mongers, upstairs theres iron mongers, and places that sell hoover bags and odd sized washers you can't get anywhere any more etc. welsh books shops several pet shops, theres even a gentlemans tailor in there now selling fantastic waistcoats and bespoke bow ties! Had to steel myself to walk past all the fantastic home made pies etc. and went past the welsh cake shop (they were making & baking them baking them fresh on the bakestones) at about 90 mph to avoid temptation lol Rob said he felt faint that I walked right passed my favorite pork crackling butcher without even turning my head to look (but if he thinks I hadnt seen the scratchings then he's wrong lol).

Ended up walking round & standing looking browsing for over 3 hours - and not once did I get breathless even going up hill talking at the same time LOL but more importantly my back was fine! Yayyyy hopefully it'll be fine for Florida now.