UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

Sorry I missed this yesterday. Ruby used the continuous photo option on her phone to take a series of shots and then stored the pics in her Google Picasa account. When she next checked Picasa had automatically stitched them together! Clever eh?

I had a crap nights sleep. It was almost 5am before I fell asleep so I am operating on just 3 hours of kip. I have given myself the day off from work in case the tiredness caused me to make mistakes.

thats very clever indeed :)

do you know why you are not sleeping ? I hate it when I can't get a goods night kip :( hope tonight is better for you

Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight Marion :)

Just spoken to the holiday change line myself. I can move to a different hotel and they won't charge me :biggrin: It is part of the same chain, so still has a pancake bar. Just waiting for confirmation to come through from the travel agent now :)

what in the name of sanity is a pancake bar ? I am guessing the clue is in the name and its a bar that serves pancakes but why do they need a separate bar and why pancakes ? why not cornflakes or waffles or gin :ph34r:

I have now been told my return to SL is either going to sorted for Friday this week or early next week but no one can tell me 100 % so I still cannot book a flight , I am working on such short timescales here i dare not buy green bananas !

It has been proper miserable the last few days hasn't it? Makes me think of Harry Potter when the Dementors are around :(

I don't know what I will be working between Christmas and New Year - Buxton usually cancel me from the second week in December, so won't be working there. Not sure about Swinton. My other practice closes between Christmas and New year. After that I will only have a week in work before going to Cuba, so the January blues shouldn't be too bad :)

I got shouted at by mum and dad last night :rolleyes: I was off work, and usually I take the dogs for their daily walk. However yesterday with trying to sort my holiday out, holiday hair cuts, searching for my sarong and sorting Blue out, I ran out of time. I got an arsey phone call from my dad asking if the dogs had been out, I said I was really sorry, but hadn't had time as I was busy all day. Then I got a Facebook message from mum asking why the dogs hadn't been out, then a text message from dad telling me not to bother going round to see them as they didn't want to see me :( Yes I should have walked them, but unfortunately it was my last day off before I go away and I had loads of stuff to do. There are 3 other people who live there, I don't see why they should have a go at me because I didn't walk the dogs once on my day off. Ho hum, I won't see them now till Friday, hopefully they will have cheered up enough to not have a go at me the day before I go away :unsure: Anyway, I don't know why mum is in such a mood, she doesn't take them out loads of times when she is off in the summer, she just rearranges the leads on the lead hook to make it look like they have been out :angry:

Jayne perhaps your dad's moods are getting to your mum who in turn is taking it out on you?

I have the period from hell :( I'm 54 and really feel I should have gone through the menopause by now as everyone I know of my age has. However I think it explains my sleepless nights and aching joints which always seem to get worse at this time. Is this all TMI?

Alex I love a good book too but I go through stages of reading avidly then not bothering for a few weeks. I am in the second stage now and just cannot settle to a book which is a pity as I have HUGE "to-be-read" pile. I used to do a lot of swapping on "Read it Swap it" but the changes to postal charges over the last couple of years has made it a tad too expensive and now I only swap if I really, really want a book. I've only completed 2 swaps this year whereas I used to do at least 2 swaps a month.

Talking of Christmas I am starting my Christmas shopping very soon as it's the only way I can afford it - but I love doing it anyway!

• Like 1

Not tmi for me Marion especially since I spent over an hour on the phone discussing mine with my sil on Sunday much to Robs disgust. He doesn't understand why us women feel the need to share such "gory detail" with other women lol as it is we were comparing menopause symptoms we are both having a different experience to some extent but other bits very similar and its nice to be able to compare notes and find out which bits are "normal" and get empathy from someone who knows exactly what its like! I am chomping at the bit to have mine slow down a bit or start to lessen as I have a period from hell pretty much every 3 weeks like clockwork never been so flipping predictable however shes having a different experience and I can see how the not knowing when might actually be just as bad - deep joy.

I've usually started my xmas shopping by now but as we're going away I need to save my pennies but I am going to have a look for bargains & pressies in USA.

Snow you should be able to find lots of bargains in the US. I took a fold-up suitcase with me when I went but still had to buy another one to fit in all the bargains I nabbed when I was over. They cater so well for us more generously sized gals so I bought a lot of clothes for not very much money. I got a beautiful purple silk blouse for the equivalent of £3 in one sale :)

This is my first period since June and it's like having the ones I missed all rolled into one today - deep joy!

I have just wandered up International drive via google earth lol and directly opposite our hotel is a shop with a sign saying 6 T shirts for $9.95!! Thats £6.30 for 6 t shirts - OK they'll be thin cheapo ones but worth getting just as a stocking filler lol

Hi Fugees, thanks for your good thoughts. So far they seem to be working on all fronts. My friend came back safely from holiday, we have moved to mum's except for the giant land snails who are still at friend's house with a stack of salad and will be picked up on Friday. I am writing this at old house, which I visit twice a day as have a gang of rescue cats living here as an emergency billet. Internet is turned on at mum's house with Idnet as ISP as I have returned to them, but there seems to be a glitch so will have to phone their tech support to get it sorted. There is still net access at old house via Orange broadband which I won't have cancelled until new one is working properly.

Some of the other problems relating to other people seem to be on their way to being sorted, and more people are helping to sort them.

We spent our first night in the garage at mum's and were very snug and warm. Wispa was upset until she spotted her fave armchair installed there, and then she jumped straight into it and felt happier. I am very tired and have gone rather shaky, so am taking things quietly - I hope - for a few days. Wispa loves the enclosed back garden there and spent most of this morning sunbathing on the lawn.

A few other worries re my family have been cleared up. We are getting there. The next hurdle is my mum's health over the next few days. She is just finishing her 3rd course of ABs for the dreaded e coli, so we will see if the bug has been finally clobbered.

Regards to all. Hope you have a good holiday, Jayne. Haven't caught up on all the news on here, will try next time.

• Like 1

thinking of you owl xx

ok, yet another 'you will know' moment.

who is that makes doggy wheels in the UK?

trudys legs are bad. Im going to talk to the vet tomorrow about the MRI, when it is, but shes not good just now

im off to bed before I think of something else, or want to eat something else lol

Glad everything is getting sorted Phebe :flowers:

There are a few companies that do dog wheels Jazz, I looked into them when Ted's mobility was looking doubtful. I can't remember the names of the companies now though. Hope Trudy is feeling better soon :flowers:

Thank you for the good holiday thoughts - not heard any news from Thomson today about my hotel, keeping everything crossed for good news tomorrow :unsure: