UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

the grabbers wont grip enough, so have to get a friend in to move furniture.

ive just used to dryer without a hose and the windows didnt steam up so thats good

the dogs are loving me not eating much, they, again have my leftovers with thick gravy for supper. beats a doggy biscuit lol they havent realised yet that their actual meals are smaller to make up for it lol

I know you will know ....

asparteme, that replaces sugar in diet drinks, is it safe or not?

ive read an article that gives all the symptoms I have, including this pain. another article says its safe. any thoughts please?

thanks

also .... what is a 'good snack'? ive tryed nuts and raisins but ive been in agony,so have stopped them in case its them.shame as I have a cupboard full. I do like to nibble in an evening. peanuts are bad for the same reason

I imagine that it is safe, but some people may be more sensitive to it. A bit like how some people are lactose intolerant. Why not try cutting it out for a while?

Snack wise, I have I say I have quite a sweet tooth, so have a cupboard full of naughty things for an evening snack!

My disappearing parcel has arrived in Buxton :biggrin: Got an email just after I had been to Peacocks to buy some replacement pjs! Oh well, you can never have too many pjs! I will collect it on Thursday when I am next there :)

Morning the sun is shining but it is chilly. Summer feels slowly on the way out :(

As Jayne said, Artificial sweeteners are deemed food safe Jazz but there is lots of info around about the problems people have with it. Try avoiding it for a while and see how you feel. Hopefully it will help you remove some f your tummy problems and pains.

Griff you are such a caring person x

Glad to hear that stopping the sweetners seems to be helping Jazz. I can't have any artificial sweetners as they trigger migraines for me. I think that its like gooster said - some people are more sensitive to them than others. And not sure if it is the same or not, but I can have been fine with something for ever, and then all of a sudden it'll become a problem and trigger migraines.

Its good that the parcel has made an appearance Jayne.

I'm being taken out for dinner tonight :) It was my birthday yesterday, but I went to agility training in the evening so we've arranged it for today. We're going to try the local Thai restaurant for the first time - hopefully its decent food.

Happy Birthday for yesterday Sophie, hope the meal is lovely.

Jazz, I always take the view that if something is rumoured to be causing problems, if it's something you don't HAVE to eat/drink, then don't. Why risk it, they said thalidomide was safe for years until it was proved wrong! I can't remember who it was on here (could even have been you!) who said they drank several cans of diet cola a day, well if there is something in this aspartame causing trouble thing, that can't be helping. I know Owl said if she has anything with even a small amount of it in, she's ill all day. edit to add: My daughter in law doesn't yet know for certain if she's pregnant or not but she uses sweetener in her tea, I've told her to stop as one of the things they say is it can cause birth defects.

Edited by suzeanna

I used to love black coffee and drank heaps when i was poorly a couple of years ago I couldn't stomach it, I still struggle with the odd occasion I drink it now. I think it is the bodies way to say...no more of that please!

Fingers crossed for IVF patients

Happy belated birthday Sophie!

I can't believe it is only Tuesday...

Had a phone call from mil she went to the Dr this morning as she had a pain in her back - he sent her straight to A&E they did a blood test and said they think its a clot so shes now waiting for the results of a ct scan. Looks like we're off to join her and see whats going on ..