UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

Morning.

Fingers crossed you hear back today Jayne.

It isn't even 9.30 and things are going wrong at work already... this doesn't bode well for the rest of the day. I started back on my migraine preventatives yesterday and am feeling very fuzzy headed as a result, which isn't going to help either.

Sophie, I was reading recently that acupuncture can help a lot in migraine, and GP's can send you to a qualified practitoner. My OH suffers too, you have my sympathy.

Jayne, whereabouts in Mexico are you going? They were saying on BBC Breakfast that the tropical storm has been upgraded to a hurricane!

I have been working all day without a single break and as a result I have not had anything to eat since last night again! We are off to meet Nick at the services to collect Bruno for his 2 week stay so I am grabbing a pear to take with me and am going to have either a fish & chip late supper or if I can't resist that long it'll be a McD's in the services and sod the calories!

I am feeling a lot stronger, but please can I ask for some healing thoughts for little mini foal Cascade, only a week old? Looks like she will need to be bottle fed, also may have an infection. She is here is the living room at the house I have moved out of, warming up. Former living room is now horse hospital, no problem as it has a concrete floor and of course is going to be demolished anyway at some point. Good thing water and electric are still on, as she will have to be nursed through the night by her owner and various horsey friends. Waiting for vet to see if she needs ABs.

Meanwhile Wispa and I are very snug in the temporary owlery aka mum's garage. Strange days, but no one can say we are not adaptable.

• Like 1

Owl, sending good thoughts for Cascade ad i agree with sam, you just seem to get on with what life chucks at you

Gooster, hope you have good news about the hotel?

Sophie, hope you feel better soon

Snow, enjoy your food whatever you end up having

Sam, i agree better out now than suffer an abcess

my poor mum is suffering badly, she had pain in her mouth/nose area and i said it might be neuralgia due to the cold... anyway, she went to the dentist who said an infection and gave her antibiotics yesterday, today i got up and her face is swollen so much... her lips are all big and fat and she looks like the elephant man! she called the dentist first thing who told her to wait until 2 to see the dentist she saw yesterday, sod that, i rang back and was very firm that i didn't care who she saw but she needed to be seen now! 30 minutes later she has another lot of antibiotics to go along with the ones she already has.... she is much more swollen and i am not sure at which point is should take her to A&E