UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

Not yet - welcome meeting is at 4pm. I still really want to visit Xplor, but am not sure if I would chicken out of some of the stuff :unsure:

Decision on run/lunch was made for me by the arrival of the cleaner - I always feel a bit in the way if I stay in the room whilst they clean, so I grabbed my bag and the brolly from the wardrobe and left her to it :) Just had some lunch and am now in the hotel lobby playing on my iPad :)

:wavey: Hi Amy :biggrin:

Have just been to the welcome meeting - there are other English people here :partytime: Everyone else at the meeting had all had similar experiences to me - they had all booked in at the other hotel and them moved due to building work. One group of poor people who arrived on Thursday had the hotel confirmed before they left, however when they arrived, the transfers hadn't been arranged and when they got here to the hotel, they had no record of their reservation. Suppose as stressful as the build up to my holiday was, at least when I arrived in resort, everything went smoothly and everyone was aware of the situation :)

Moaning :tired: Woke up at silly o'clock with a stonking nedache. Need to be out of the house by 6.30 :tired:

Beach looks lovely Jayne :flowers:

Really didn't enjoy Downton last night. Why do they always need to put nasty characters in? I won't be watching again.

Edited by merledogs

how was your holiday?

glad your hotel is nice xx

let the dogs out at 4.30, trudy hurt her leg coming back in. bloody good job we have the vet college today.

you know I had her clipped at a new groomers about a month ago?

ive looked at her front claws to see why shes not walking properly, they are so long they are curling over! no wonder she cant walk properly at the front!

ill be ringing them this morning. the reason I didnt see them, was they left her feet hair long when I asked for them to be short

wont be using them again

Welcome back Amy. I am looking forward to hearing - and seeing - more of your Sri Lankan adventure :)

I enjoyed Downton although it started out very slow for the first half. I love the baddies! One gripe I have is that it seemed to be badly lit with the characters barely visible in some scenes for the deep shadow and gloom. I saw my friend's granddaughter pop up during one commercial break for a 6 part series starting next month, Breathless which she has a part in. She was also in Downton playing Matthew's fiancée in series 2. Go Zoe!

Had a fab time. Have managed to take over 700 photos. I currently have 1 album on Facebook of the week I spent at Dogstar but havent managed to sort out the second half of my trip stuff. I will do a thread in the dog section one evening this week to give you guys a glimpse of what we've been up to.

and I am STILL HERE , although I am a lot closer to going now

you will just have to come back again :)

Hopefully you will get to go back quickly now! Will definately come back out at some point. Still have the East & South to explore :wink:

Back in work and really not feeling in. Sat for first two hours not really doing much.

Glad you found some English people Jane :laugh: Apart from Mo, Amanda and Sharon we didnt find any other UK people. Alot of Aussies and quite a number of Germans when we entered the more touristy area.

Coming back Saturday night I have never been so glad to have a UK/European passport as the Non queue was flipping massive and we breezed through.

Edited by lil_angel