UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Scintillating Snippets

merledogs

I've had a hellish day to come home to a letter from the council saying somebody has complained about an alleged nuisance coming from my house. The subject says "Nuisance - Property Condition (domestic)" but further down in the letter it says they may use monitoring equipment to gain evidence of the existence or otherwise of the alleged nuisance. Just what I feckin need :mecry: I will ring the council tomorrow to see what they say. If it's the dogs I don't know what I am going to do :mecry:

I hope you get it sorted out xxx

not good news about trudy.

they are having xrays tomorrow so can confirm, but

where she just knocked her foot this morning, they think shes broken her leg, meaning it could be a tumour

her back legs, looks like bone and nerve disease

and cataracts in both eyes

shes my world :unsure:

Alex, if it is the dogs if your council are like ours they are pretty good. our rules are 1 dog has to bark 20 minutes continuously that means no break at all even for a few seconds, if the noise stops for a bit then the clock restarts........ also as you have more than one dog they can distinguish between the different dogs and each dog would need to bark solidly for 20 minutes. Do you think it could be anything to do with the clampets? or the old folks retaliating over kinky?

Jazz, i do hope trudy will be o.k

i just nearly fainted........ i had a compliment on laneys behaviour!!!!! and the best bit is he was actually walking past another dog at the time!

Alex, am sure it will be fine. I remember having a similar letter when I lived with one of my friends - nothing ever came of it, so I can only assume the council visited and all was fine. It could be worth seeing if you can work from home a bit more over the coming weeks so that you are more likely to be in when the council come around to monitor :unsure:

:GroupHug: :grouphug: Jazz, thinking of you and Trudy :flowers:

Good boy Laney :)

Have booked some trips today :) On Thursday I am going to Xplor, which is a park type thing with zip lines, cenotes, off road driving and rafting. Next Wednesday I am spending a day with the dolphins, you spend time learning how they are trained, then do a swim with them :) Need to get some biodegradable sun screen for then though - I didn't even know there was such a thing :unsure: Got a little bit of sunburn today, despite regularly slathering myself in factor 30 :rolleyes: Am thinking the sun over here is pretty strong :laugh:

Alex, i know it is easier said than done, but try not to worry too much... until you need to. if there is a problem proved as long as you take steps to address it then your council should be o.k with you, if they do turn round and say the dogs are noisy give their animal welfare officer a call and ask for advice...ask them to note down on file you have asked for help and advice, if it does amount to something i used some homeopathic stuff when laney was barking and if you ever need the name just let me know and i will happily pass the details on

Jayne, have a lovely time on your trips and be careful in that sun!!!!

Have spoken to bloke. Apparently its more a concern than a complaint and apparently my house is infested with flies. I have told council bloke to come round and have a look for himself. At least I know who it is now though - next door not the clampetts. I am fuming.

Edited by merledogs

Cheesus some people really need to take a long hard look at themselves Alex. Why make stuff up like that and to go reporting you - unbelievable! I am sending negative vibes to them, the gits :mad:

Alicia sending positive thoughts for Trudy :GroupHug:

Well done Laney for making your mum proud :thumbsup_anim: :wub_anim:

good vibes for Trudy

sorry you are having neighbour issues Alex

well done Laney

Hows the Holiday Jayne

Whens your holiday Snow

sorry if I missed anyone I am a bit excited....................

I am flying home tonight , in the last 24 everything suddenly fell into place at lightening speed . Mark is remaining in the UK as we had given up being able to go back this month and my mum went on Holiday to France so he can't come home until she comes back as we were cat and dog sitting !