UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Mutterings

merledogs

Sorry Jayne :GroupHug:

Lots of good thoughts for Mummy Owl

Blimey thats a long trip Sandra. Hilton Park Services on M6 between junctions J10A-11 is just north of Birmingham near Cannock might be suitable for you.

Surveyor rang problems with roof. Yey not. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Owl, hope you get your mum sorted and good for you for being there and fighting her corner... don't worry about what people think of you, you are doing what you feel is best for your mum and stuff what anyone thinks!

Lil Angel, hope the problems are simply sorted.

I have had a mad mad afternoon but there are some very honest people about, my land line rang and it was my dads name.... i also have a mate with the same name and was surprised to hear a lady on the phone (my dad was at work and works with men) the lady said she had found the phone and gone through the phone book... now i expected her to say she had found it in the tea room as this is where he usually leaves the damn thing but nope she had found it in a street where he had been working and asked could i go and fetch it..... i have had to jump in a taxi, go halfway across the city, collect said phone (i did give her a tenner for being so honest) and travel halfway back across the city and then i must have had the most friendly cabbie in the world.... i paid my fare and then he kept me chatting for 10 minutes Lol. Took the dog out and spotted a fledgling pigeon sat in the middle of the path, i know not to touch so went back with some food....he has a wound on his throat so i will need to try and catch him later... got back through the door dogs barking like mad and my dads mobile ringing like mad...... it was my dad wondering where his phone was and how had i got it..... explained and said i had to get a cab and he said " why didn't you ring me and tell me and i would have collected it"!!!!! durrrrrrrr i have your mobile Lol

• Like 1

:laugh: at Griff's dad. Men, what are they like?

Am on a course today at a hotel near Manchester airport. It starts at 6pm and I got here at 4.50 as the traffic coming up was non existent. I thought if I got here early I could indulge my inner plane spotter, but the damn hotel isn't on the flight path :rolleyes: :laugh:

Thank you for all the hugs for our loss of Shara - I still can't believe she's gone. Am sure it will sink in over the coming weeks, little things like her lead on the lead hook and her bowl will probably set me off :(

I had a very good meeting with the stroke ward manager. We have worked out what went wrong with communication. Then on to A&E where the consultant was ready to discharge mum but the sister thought she was in no fit state to be home unless under 24 hour observation. Social worker turned up, v nice fellow, got her into a week's respite care in a home which i know to be very good. Mum is getting her colour back, looked pale this morning but nice and pink when I left. Sister was surprised because I wouldn't wait with mum until ambulance moves her to care home, but she was fast asleep and I am so tired.

I am not offended by what Yantan said, fair comment. :)

• Like 1

Glad the meeting went well Owl, hopefully the weeks rest will do the power of good to both of you

Caught the ikkle pigeon, he does have a wound on his neck so i called the RSPCA.... after about 60 different options i got to speak to someone... he wanted me to take it to the vet... i can't drive and i said as the little thing was ill i didn't think it was wise to go on a bus but if thats what he suggested thats what i would do, he said nope he would pop me down for a collection..... after an hours wait the phone went...... they have no-one available at this time of night so could i take it to the vets tomorrow!!! i said i will have to get my dad to drive it to the vet... she asked was my dad there so i could check and i said nope but he would drive halfway round the world for an animal, he won't mind i am sure, so tonight i have to keep the little thing in a cat box in my shed and hope he lasts the night

the nearest wildlife place is too far away for me to get to but perhaps my dad would go.... however they don't open until 11am and shut at 3pm and he has to get to work, i guess even if the vet puts him to sleep it will be more peaceful than being killed by a cat

Very sad for houndwoman, she has lost her lovely beagle Lucy to suspected deliberate poisoning. Someone has been poisoning wildlife apparently. Houndwoman has been having such an awful time lately and this is the worst thing possible. Run free Lucy xx

griff, hope you can get bird sorted.

Oh no! What an awful thing to happen to Sheila Houndwoman's little beagle. Absolutely dreadful :( Owl if you are in touch with her again before she gets on here please tell her I send my love and am thinking of her.

N'night Lucy, sleep tight poppet.